A Conversation for Music Trivia

Music Trivia 2

Post 1

$u$

Something simple, to get things started...

What was the name of the great fund (and awareness) raising concert of 1985, who's brainchild was it, and what was the name of his band (whose career was not revived in the process!) 15 points up for grabs.

'SUSceptive

Music Trivia 2

Post 2

Spartus

Live Aid, Bob Geldof, Boomtown Rats.

Thank you, I'll take that. smiley - smiley

Music Trivia 2

Post 3

$u$

*Watches Spartus strutting around smugly* 15 points for you... but it's early in the month... anything could happen...!

Let's see how smug you are now... complete the lyric for 10 points:

People, places, pursuing the chases
Our moments were chosen
Her senses explosion

Oh, and another 10pts for artist and song title...

'SUStainer

Music Trivia 2

Post 4

Waxer

Rats get here first for new question and I don't know it!!

Music Trivia 2

Post 5

Frizzychick

Ditto

Music Trivia 2

Post 6

Frizzychick

Just popped up to the main article to see the final scores for the last lot - they've gone... did I win? did I win?

Music Trivia 2

Post 7

Waxer

I think you did!! Congrats!( Grinds teeth)

Music Trivia 2

Post 8

$u$

Frizzy - you're up there on my home page! S'pose I should post it on MT too. Hearty congrats!

'sus

Music Trivia 2

Post 9

Frizzychick

Hurrah! Thank you thank you. This is the happiest moment of my life. I'd just like to thank a few people who have helped me *sniffle*

**gets booed off**

Music Trivia 2

Post 10

$u$

*SUS boots unfriendly element out*

Revel in it! Better still, make it two months in a row! *The fame... the glory...* Personally, I'm doing a fair bit of revelling right now! smiley - winkeye

'sus

Music Trivia 2

Post 11

Spartus

I'd just like to check back in and say I have no idea what the answer to the next question is, so I'll strut semi-smugly off now...

Music Trivia 2

Post 12

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

I don't know the answer to the second question... is there a third on the way?

Music Trivia 2

Post 13

DelphicOracle

If I say that the next line is "Take your pulse and read it well", and the song is Wonderland by Simply Red, could we have another question, and this time about a band I don't loathe? smiley - smiley

Music Trivia 2

Post 14

Waxer

smiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smiley!!

Music Trivia 2

Post 15

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

smiley - bigeyessmiley - bigeyessmiley - bigeyessmiley - bigeyessmiley - bigeyes

Music Trivia 2

Post 16

$u$

smiley - sadfacesmiley - sadfacesmiley - sadfacesmiley - sadfacesmiley - fish

What do you think you're grinning at Waxer?!!!

Okay D.O., guess you get the points (but mind what you say, or I may have to subtract some points!) Next question:

What do The Beatles, Joe Cocker and Wet Wet Wet have in common? (10pts)

'sus

Music Trivia 2

Post 17

Waxer

"I get by with a little help from my friends??"(first points for many weeks??)

Music Trivia 2

Post 18

Gaz

"With a Little Help From My Friends"

As heard on The Beatles' "Sgt. Pepper", Joe Cocker's "With A Little Help From My Friends" and a Wet Wet Wet version on "Sgt Pepper Knew My Father" (an NME charity compilation album.)

Q: When WetWetWet went to number one with this track, what was on the flip side (technically a AA side, rather than the B side)?

Music Trivia 2

Post 19

DelphicOracle

Billy Bragg's version of "She's Leaving Home", which is also the answer to that ultra-sneaky pop trivia question "what was Billy's Bragg's only number one hit?".

Do I get an extra point for that? smiley - smiley

Music Trivia 2

Post 20

Gaz

Yes, you would, except that it was docked for failing to ask a follow up question...

Key: Complain about this post