A Conversation for Tree Stump Extraction

tree stump removal

Post 1

smilingtreeman

I understand that it is possible to burn out a tree stump by using the following method, I have not used it or seen it done, but have heard that it does work; (if anybody has used it or seen it done please let me know the results)

drill 4 x 1/2" holes approx 3" deep per square foot of stump top(or as deep as required to be halfway to ground level at hole bottom), pour in granulated sodium chlorate, cover hole tops (a sheet of something over the stump will do, or a mud-plug in each), leave for 10 - 12 weeks, then light a fire on top of stump, the absorbed sodium chlorate will cause stump to burn quite quickly and deep into it. DO NOT USE THIS METHOD ON PEATY SOILS which will burn underground without you knowing it's doing so! DO NOT SET FIRE TO THE STUMP IN DRY WEATHER, best carry out this operation so the fire lighting element takes place in winter months. DO NOT USE THIS METHOD NEAR BUILDINGS OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT COULD CATCH FIRE.

Key: Complain about this post

tree stump removal

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more