A Conversation for Baby Zebra Finch

Is it still alive?

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I'm no expert. I can't tell a live bird form a dead one when I'm looking at a picture.

Is it still alive?

Post 2

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

Oh yes, it's just very very tiny. smiley - smiley

Is it still alive?

Post 3

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

I can't honestly tell if they are baby birds or not ? all I see is fluff and no body as such.
But I have to ask! Has the parents deserted them from the nest ?

Is it still alive?

Post 4

Yes, that's a concern. Mother birds have been known to abandon their young once human hands have touched them. smiley - sadface

Is it still alive?

Post 5

They are baby birds, yes. They were not abandoned but they were their parents' first babies so we had to help with feeding at first.

Is it still alive?

Post 6

That's good to know. smiley - ok

Is it still alive?

Post 7

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - hugTav' - did that include eye-drop squeezer type things ? or mashed up bugs/worms on a cocktail stick etc ?

smiley - winkeyebasically! baby bird food rammed down somehow ?

Is it still alive?

Post 8

I'm not thrilled at the thought of catching bugs or worms to feed a baby bird. Is there no type of human food that would do the trick?

Is it still alive?

Post 9

Yes, feeding included a pipette. The food was special baby bird food that you mix with warm water. The parents eat seeds and vegetables and also green stuff like dandelion leaves - altough they were obviously fed mostly seeds so far in their lives so they eat not enough of the other things.

Is it still alive?

Post 10

Tav' You have my full respectsmiley - smiley

many would just say - it's life, tough shsmiley - winkeye

Is it still alive?

Post 11

Feeding baby birds seems to have brought out your tender side. smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post