A Conversation for Mods!

Comments: Mods

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

FWR adds:

This was actually a shop window in Liverpool.

I forget what they were selling, but, even on a boring shopping trip (apologies to Mrs Freeway!) if you look around, there's always something to catch your eye.

The subject matter, (apart from causing shivers to an aging biker!) lent itself to black and white with a high grain filter.

bobstafford says:

Indoor photography is not always easy and you often face lighting problems.
This a well composed and is a good clear image with a good depth of field so the items behind the scooter are clear.
The guitar adds balance and it really stands out adding an extra element of nostalgia.

Post 2

cactuscafe

Its the photographic geniuses again. smiley - rofl (see my comment to Caimain's pic).

Meanwhile, I say, Mod miracle document, testament of the time, silvery silvery, very silvery are these images, love the sharp definition. A few Mods were having a reunion in Brighton the other day, lurking about near Quadrophenia Alleyway.

Post 3

FWR

They are very lurky beasties!

Post 4

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

Ha! just another load of constipated cocoa cans smiley - winkeye

smiley - prof ex rocker smiley - bikersmiley - winkeyesmiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Post 5

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I don't think those bikes will be able to get up to much of a speed while in a shop window. smiley - winkeye

I can hear them begging, "Buy me and let me run free."

smiley - run

Post 6

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

Is it the high grain or does it really say "MORON SCOOTER" on the side of the wheel?

Love the photo. Well done.

Professionally, I work a lot with shiny curved surfaces (metal, just in case someone gets the wrong idea), where reflections can make or break a photo. (More often break, I must admit)

Post 7

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

I like the extra depth created by the semi-transparent reflection of the striped bag and shirt.

Post 8

FWR

Motor scooter, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was...

Post 9

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

smiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post