A Conversation for New h2g2 Feedback

BR: user number in threads

Post 1

C Hawke

OK - I'm stuck in my ways and use Goo/frames. In this mode I get (in the top left frame)

No place like Home
Ancient Brit (5 Hours Ago)
You can call me TC (4 Hours Ago)
Researcher 500175 (3 Hours Ago)
Researcher 91473 (3 Hours Ago)
Researcher 500175 (3 Hours Ago)

Whereas in non-frames - my Username is shown, instead of "Researcher 91473 (3 Hours Ago"

In the top right frame (the content) I get it correctly as well - but as you see, some researchers (Ancient Brit) show fine

Post 2

C Hawke

although is this thread it is "reasearcher..." in both frames!

Post 3

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Thanks for reporting in -- We're on it. smiley - ok It first came up last night and is happening when people attempt to change their preferences or settings, we think. Did you try to change your name by any chance?

Post 4

C Hawke

I tried to change my password - it was reset by kea after I linked to the wrong account, so I tried to change it - I have no idea if I actually managed to do it - I was expecting two boxes (old password and new password0 but only got one.

I guess a quick check is to log out and see which one works!

Are we actually supporting my old fashioned ways (frames) as the option isn't there, although my old settings seem to have carried over.

Post 5

Yes, we will be keeping frames. I mentioned that they were deprecated because I like them too, and as it happens so does Pastey. I could hardly find my way around without them. smiley - smiley

Anyway, you tried to alter your settings and your name was eaten by a bug. Temporarily, of course.

Post 6

C Hawke

no probs.

Is it a faulty memory of mine, but was the Very original Goo all Goo up there, and no space for the advert (initially for LastChance.com I seem to recall) If so, any chance of re-gooing it?

Post 7

C Hawke

very, very small, odd point. In the thread here I am now "researcher91473" on the "who's online" I am "member91473"!

Post 8

You're thinking long-term in a short-term environment just now. smiley - silly I mean, everyone is preoccupied with the problems that are interfering with basic use-ability, like your name.

We'll be giving consideration to those issues when Dr. Zen's blood pressure and pulse approach normal readings. Keep it in mind to ask later.

Key: Complain about this post