A Conversation for Lucid Dreaming

Lucid Nightmares

Post 1

Peta

I am good at nightmares. Real Stephen King style nightmares.

I have been known to do the reverse of lucid dreaming, in that I wake up having a nightmare, come downstairs make a cup of tea etc.. but the nightmare keeps running in my head like a soundtrack. I can't stop it. It can take ten minutes or so and some heavy distraction to make it stop.

Anyone else had this?

-Peta

Lucid Nightmares

Post 2

vaguely safe

Well a few times when I have been very sick and had very disturbing dreams, I have awoken with the nightmare-type feeling persisting for a long time afterwards. In one nasty episode, I dreampt everything was moving way too fast, and woke up to find everything in my house going way too fast. I ran around the house yelling "slow down!" Finally I found my sister and started talking to her, and I guess the natural timing of conversation somehow slowed everything back down. This occurred several more times with lessening intensity and frequency until I was back to 'normal' more or less.
Have you been reading Stephen King? He doesn't give me nightmares, but when I read him I find my dreams are often narrated.

Lucid Nightmares

Post 3

Peta

I avoid him like the plague. I am bad enough *without* help from him!

Lucid Nightmares

Post 4

The Patron saint of insignificant coincidences

Sometimes I have nightmares that startle me into waking up, but I am so tired that I fall back asleep again after a bit. So I remember waking up but then scary stuff starts happening again, and I can't tell the difference. Sometimes this happens more than once. For the rest of the day I'm all paranoid. Now that's not any fun at all.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more