A Conversation for Lucid Dreaming

A useful tip (maybe)...

Post 1

Something that I find help me both with remembering dreams and gives me a better chance of lucid dreaming is to wake up fairly early (not using an alarm if possible - just get used to waking up early) - then to go straight back to sleep again without letting myself really wake up. I find that I tend to sleep for perhaps ten or twenty minutes at a time, and I almost always dream... and I usually have a perfect memory of what I've just been dreaming about.

The only problem with this is that I've just started at college, and hence have to get up half an hour earlier - so I don't get the time anymore smiley - sadface.

I've also read that a good way to stay lucid dreaming is to rub your (dream) hands together when you feel yourself slipping... or to spin around rapidly in a circle.

My clearest memory of 'waking up' inside a dream was when I was dreaming about walking along the road near my house... I came across a massive bunch of road signs, and realised 'hey, that's not real - hang on, this is a dream!'. Pretty weird it was, too.

Sweet dreams smiley - smiley

A useful tip (maybe)...

Post 2

vaguely safe

I am sure the fact that I have been waking up to an alarm almost every day of the week for the last year has something to do with it. Alarm clock killing dreams -- it's almost poetry. I have heard that you should try to look at your dream hands, but I haven't had the presence of mind to do that yet. I barely have the presence of mind to remember my keys in the morning.

A useful tip (maybe)...

Post 3

Researcher 133621

That 'looking at your hands in your dreams'
thing was IIRC first mentioned by Don Juan
in one of Carlos Castanedas' books

Only I forgot which...

I tried it for 2 years or so before I succeeded
Most time just forgot to think about before
going to sleep...

But it was a possibility later on for
me to lengthen those dreams a little.

I also use it sometimes to reassure me that
I'm still dreaming.

Only this morning I had one of them 'lucid dreams'
Was the sencond in which I had the task to
catch what I named 'dream devil'.

I don't seem to be in full control.
I can't control the 'dream devil' bastard.

Happy Nightmares smiley - winkeye

A useful tip (maybe)...

Post 4

Researcher 133621

That 'looking at your hands in your dreams' thing was IIRC first mentioned by Don Juan in one of Carlos Castanedas' books. Only I forgot which...

I tried it for 2 years or so before I succeeded. Most time I just forgot to think about it before going to sleep...

But it was a possibility later on for me to lengthen those dreams a little.

I also use it sometimes to reassure me that I'm still dreaming.
My hands look different in my dreams. The fingers tend to get shorter and longer if I look at them for about 5 seconds.

Only this morning I had one of them 'lucid dreams' !
It was the second in which I had the task to catch what I named 'dream devil'.

I didn't seem to be in full control.
I couldn't control the 'dream devil' bastard.
But at least I remembered a way to find the direction where to look for him. When I woke up I felt like 'Oh no! Have to try again next time. I really want to see how the next level of this adventure looks like'
smiley - smiley

Normally I am trying to find something. Maybe because I tend to leave behind my umbrella and other things frequently (or at least too often for my taste) in real live. Got somehow obsessed with it maybe... ?

Happy Nightmares smiley - winkeye

NO. Make that 'Happy adventuring in your lucid dreams' smiley - smileysmiley - smiley

A useful tip (maybe)...

Post 5

Fun, ain't it? I still swear by getting up a little too early and going back to bed... you'll remember your dreams much more clearly, and from there it's a short step to lucid dreaming...

...although, even if you *are* lucid dreaming, things don't always make sense, do they? You realise that you're dreaming, but you don't realise that this means the things around you ain't real... 's sort of like in the Matrix, you have to realise that there aren't any rules...

A useful tip (maybe)...

Post 6

Researcher 133621

I experience the same. Though I try to force what I see when dreaming into a different form or 'persuade' it do as I want it to by sheer psychic power, I indulge in doing silly things shortly afterwards and lose my 'dream-consciousness' in consequence.

'Losing dream-consciousness' ?
Did I just make up that term or is it a valid term for 'losing the memory of who I am, what I am and WHY I am'

smiley - smiley

A useful tip (maybe)...

Post 7

Hmmm, 's certainly an interesting concept, either way smiley - smiley

Have you ever tried walking through walls in a dream? I find I can sometimes persuade myself to do it, and also dictate what's on the other side of the wall... hence controlling what goes on to some extent.

Of course, you feel a bit of a prat when it doesn't work smiley - smiley

A useful tip (maybe)...

Post 8

Researcher 133621

Now, after 5 days since I last mailed I wasn't able to dream lucid again. It comes and goes. I think it depends on what I did all day before I go to sleep.
Some of you stated this above already.
The concept with going through wall seems interesting to me.
Coolest would be to go through a wall and get to a place that really exists.
See, when I dream lucidly I can change from unreal places to others.
But it always looks familiar. Yet if I think I know where I am I find that everything is suddenly different.
Dreaming is a rather strange subject. I could write for ever and ever and wouldn't make any sense in my description of my dreams. At least I can't put it in the English language in a way that would make sense.

washuu, fan of anime and manga (and surreal dreams sometimes smiley - smiley)

A useful tip (maybe)...

Post 9

Something I find interesting: when you're dreaming, it's very hard to be sure that you're not, but when you're awake it's very easy to be sure that you're awake.

Logically, this should mean that if you're not sure, you must be dreaming.

It never seems to quite work that way smiley - smiley

A useful tip (maybe)...

Post 10

Researcher 133621

Dear 26199.

when dreaming, you are not sure you are dreaming in fact,
but when you are awake you are sure that you are awake ?

Is it that what you wanted to say ?

I had dreams in which I woke up to a room where I once slept in reality but eg. the light doesn't work suddenly.
So I started to fix it. Causing some strange effects in the progres
of that dream (it is not lucid at that time!) in using the little common sense (if there is one in a dreamers subconcious mind) that I in this moment believe I have.
Suddenly I recognize some strange doors which don't exist in reality.
Just a nanosecond before that happens I get awfully frightend because the circuits don't behave according to natural laws.

Sounds like I (or my 'dreambody' is afraid of ghosts.
Nono, I have no probs with spirits... gyaaaah what's that...

researcher just lost consciousness....

A useful tip (maybe)...

Post 11

That's what I'm saying, yeah.

Whichever way you look at it, it doesn't really make sense smiley - smiley

enhancing dreaming

Post 12

Senor PsiKoPatH

I read it is possible to enhance dreaming, especially lucid dreaming by taking melatonin 30 minutes before turning in.
Smoking Salvia Divinorum is also supposed to help but I'm not into that.
Haven't tried the melatonin yet either.

I have experienced lucid dreaming sometimes, but most of the time, as soon as I realize I'm dreaming I find out I'm not able to convince myself I can now jump off buildings or fly or whatever. When I try I loose my nerve or just wakeup.

Senor PsiKoPatH

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more