This is the Message Centre for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Countdown to NaJoPoMo

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Just a note: remember, November starts next week.

In between groaning that this means Election Day is just around the corner - but hoping that the horror will soon be over - we ought to be thinking about our journal projects for this year.

I'm trolling the web for music: I'm doing hymns next month. Some of them will be weird, and not all of them will be Christian.

We've got the instructional piece for the NaJo Challenge ready to go.

So...

1. Think of your theme for the month.
2. Prepare your A-space: main page that you're going to attach your journals to, or archive-type page with daily links. (If you just use your journal space, o-kay...but don't expect the Post to link to it. We can't, for technical reasons beyond our control. We blame aliens and 2legs.)
3. Spread the buzz.

The Post will have an AltChallenge for November. It involves Marcel Proust and recipes. You will like this. Srsly, you will. If you can't come up with a recipe that's better than a petit madeleine, I miss my guess.

My personal thanks to each and every contributor who made my Sunday a nightmare - the Halloween issue is gonna be MASSIVE. smiley - pumpkin

So, NaJo. Personal journal. Plans. Get to work.

kthxbai

smiley - dragon

Countdown to NaJoPoMo

Post 2

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

aw no! smiley - run to hibernate

smiley - rofl

Countdown to NaJoPoMo

Post 3

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

but... it can't be November already... that was, like only, what... about 11 or 12 months ago last time round smiley - ermsmiley - ermsmiley - ermsmiley - yikessmiley - thiefsmiley - evilgrin

Countdown to NaJoPoMo

Post 4

smiley - cheerup It's a short month - only 30 days, 2legs. smiley - winkeye

Countdown to NaJoPoMo

Post 5

ITIWBS

Heavens!

That explains it! smiley - winkeye

That must be why I've been stocking up on seeds and nuts at the supermarket!

Its autumn. smiley - smiley

Almost time to hibernate. smiley - biggrin

Countdown to NaJoPoMo

Post 6

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Oh, smiley - bleep

I've still got a travelogue to finish...

And a trip next summer to plan...

I foresee travel being a large part of my NoJoPoMo this yearsmiley - laugh

Countdown to NaJoPoMo

Post 7

Superfrenchie

Do we *have* to pick a single theme for the whole month, though ?
The other years, I just wrote about everything and anything.
smiley - headhurts

Countdown to NaJoPoMo

Post 8

Then that's your theme. smiley - smiley 'Random' is also a plan. smiley - evilgrin

Countdown to NaJoPoMo

Post 9

Superfrenchie

Random sounds good. smiley - ok

Countdown to NaJoPoMo

Post 10

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

The only way is random smiley - zen or not, of course, if there's another way smiley - zen although... the other way might be random too... which would be... kinda random I guess... smiley - sillysmiley - evilgrin I think i've got a theme smiley - evilgrinsmiley - scientist . . . or not... of course... smiley - run

Countdown to NaJoPoMo

Post 11

smiley - snork

I am going to pelt you all with random hymns. Some will involve turtles. And didgeridoos...smiley - evilgrin

Countdown to NaJoPoMo

Post 12

Gingersnapper+Keeper of the Cookie Jar and Stuff and Nonsense

~ ~ Dmitri, sounds great, I will tune in for sure. .. smiley - musicalnotesmiley - musicalnotesmiley - musicalnotesmiley - musicalnote. . smiley - bubbly . .. ...

Countdown to NaJoPoMo

Post 13

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

"random sounds good" smiley - cool I'll do my NaJoPoMo in June then smiley - erm

Countdown to NaJoPoMo

Post 14

http://www.google.co.uk/#q=najopomo

smiley - biggrin

Countdown to NaJoPoMo

Post 15

Icy North

I will gladly dip into your hymns, Dmitri, but don't expect me to sing them!

I plan to write about whatever takes my fancy, as usual. (Is that a theme?)

There will also be puzzles and quizzes of varying difficulty. By 'varying', I mean the full range between 'fiendish' and 'completely impossible'.

Countdown to NaJoPoMo

Post 16

smiley - biggrin Great! Quizzes will add spice to the month!

Countdown to NaJoPoMo

Post 17

minorvogonpoet

I'm gearing up smiley - cogs for NaNoWriMo. Will I have time to report in here?

Will my brain be so scrambled I can't think at all? If I turn up spouting nonsense smiley - doh about the French resistance you have been warned.

Countdown to NaJoPoMo

Post 18

smiley - rofl 'Listen, I shall say zis only once...' smiley - run

Countdown to NaJoPoMo

Post 19

SashaQ - happysad

I'm feeling the lure of the NaNoWriMo too, but I'll plan to post updates in here, too (as well as how many push ups I do, as I'm quite enjoying those since doing a challenge on Facebook) smiley - hero <-- is the hero flexing arm muscles?

Countdown to NaJoPoMo

Post 20

Recumbentman

Help me Dmitri smiley - wah

I tried to prepare my A-space, by copying the code of my 2012 NaJoPoMo A87775942

I thought (hah!) that keeping the GuideML and editing the content (in Brunel, where I always work) would start me up, but no. We have a blank page A87879929

The old code started

Recumbentman's NaJoPoMo 2012

Here comes a month of blogs. To find out what it's all about, visit Create's NaJoPoMo Project.

November 2012

Sugru

I repaired my ukulele

And so on. How should it start these days?

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more