This is the Message Centre for Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Some Light Political Reading to Cheer You Up

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

If the US election campaign is getting you down, may I recommend 'The Borowitz Report' from the New Yorker? The headlines of Mr Borowitz's articles alone provide chuckles. Here's the one I found today, entitled 'Putin Cancels Campaign Event with Trump':

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/putin-cancels-campaign-event-with-trump

Others include, but are not limited to:

Obama Reassures Foreign Tourists: "No Other American Man Is This Horrible"

Republican Party Could Recover as Early as 2096, Experts Say

Christie Calls Trump Genius for Plan to Burn Down White House and Collect Insurance

Gary Johnson Says His Favorite Foreign Leader Is Obi-Wan Kenobi

That last headline might require some explanation. Gary Johnson is the Libertarian Party's candidate for president. Normally, nobody would pay attention to him (see previous journal on how many 'alternate' candidates we've got), but there's all this to-do about the chaos in the Republican Party... Anyway, Gary Johnson is geographically challenged, to say the least. He flubbed a question on what he would do about Aleppo by smiling smugly and saying, 'And what is Aleppo?' Maybe he thought it was a website or a new dance craze... Johnson is also reputed to have once stayed in his freezer to prove he could withstand the cold...he's the front-running 'third party' candidate...so we need the likes of Mr Borowitz.

Enjoy.

smiley - dragon

Post 2

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

I think my favorite bumper sticker for this election is "Obi Wan Kenobi: He's Our Only Hope"

Post 3

smiley - snork I love it.

I've just found something else h2g2ers might enjoy: a great piece by somebody named Vladimir Shelkov, published in 'International Policy Digest'. He claims Putin wants to buy back Alaska, and he challenges Trump to a game of Russian roulette.

ESL teachers will particularly enjoy the prose:

http://intpolicydigest.org/2016/10/11/putin-trump-alaska/

Post 4

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

Trump and Clinton are certainly making history, only not the one that'll make for good reading in the future, or the immediate future as suchsmiley - sadface

Post 5

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-37628345

only opinions smiley - biggrin

Post 6

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Oi! Dylan wins the Nobel Prize! smiley - wow

smiley - pirate

Post 7

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

smiley - sorry wrong thread. I just got so exited when I read this on the link smiley - prof gave us. It was only 9 minutes ago

smiley - pirate

Post 8

What! smiley - yikes Oh, no, no, no, no....this is definitely a sign of the apocalypse...smiley - facepalm

I thought you were kidding...

I like the tweet that went 'Okay, then Keith Richards for Chemistry...'

Key: Complain about this post