A Conversation for The Bull Outhouse

Cromford Question

Post 1

Litchick

Hiya folks,

Just wondering about the ML gathreing. I have investigated train times for Friday and Saturday. Am thinking Saturday is a better bet?

I am bit scared by prospect of coming to such a meeting and by the idea of meeting all the distinguished MLers.

What da ya reckon folks?

LC x

Cromford Question

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

Oh you must come! It will be lovely to see you. We're all quite friendly and non-scary. You should read what is said in the Lockin about the Cromford meet (I think I mentioned this to you in ML).

Friday we're just meeting up for a meal in the evening, in the Greyhound Hotel. Turn up at around 7.15 in the bar. Then we chat and drink. On Saturday, there's the main event, which is lunch in The Boat followed by an Archers Quiz with Mr Keri as our guest Quizmaster. He is a very nice fellow and last time he told us a lot about TA and answered all our questions. I expect there will be plenty to discuss this year as we move from Howerd2 to NML (New Mustardland).

Email Phil that you're coming (you can find his email in the lockin) so that he can make you a sticker. Keri has asked that we all wear stickers with out screen names on.

I do hope you can come, the more the merrier and a meet is always great fun.

dagesh x

Cromford Question

Post 3

Litchick

I have looked at train times...this is going to sound mad but Cromford does have a train station doesn't it? I'm not going to find muyself in the wrong place am I?

I guess Saturday would be the best bet (gulp)

LC x

Cromford Question

Post 4

woofti aka groovy gravy

Yes, Cromford does have a railway station. But it's quite a walk from Cromford town. I can't remember myself how to get to Cromford (I seem to remember turning right at the bottom of a hill) but i expect there will be someone to ask. You can always ask someone else coming off the train. Maybe they will even give you a lift into town!

Just make sure you get to the Boat pub by about 12.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

dd x

Cromford Question

Post 5

Litchick

Thanks! I have visited the msn group and put a post up there (I really never imagined when I started DTAing that I wouild be all the net! I am a TA-tart smiley - laugh!!!!!!!)

I am quite excited now! I could drive but I hate driving generally, especially on my own and somewhere new (remarkable to think i work in a different county to the one I live in really!!!!)

I might have to buy you a smiley - cheers for all the encouragement, but then all of ML is friendly (well nearly, I am distraught by recent events!!!)

love Litchick x

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more