A Conversation for The Bull Outhouse

Putting my name down on a Mustard list

Post 1

voicebearer

I'm hoping that merely posting here has signed me on to the new Mustard Friends' list. I still feel very disoriented but am willing to learn if it means I can remain part of the Mustardland community. $Qxx

Post 2

Eilis

Well, you're on the list anyway!

Eilis xx

Post 3

Katy Tulip

You're on there already, as voicebearer, dearest Squigs.

Btw, Peet's been tinkering around a bit, click this link and you might feel a bit better (hope it works!):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/plain/A3876131

Hugs,

smiley - smiley Katy

Post 4

petal jam

Hello Voicebearer. Have been trying to send you "rood" health and sweet dreams for two days now, but am not allowed to post to your page. Doesn't recognise that I am logged on. I probably have no reflection either.

petal jam

Post 5

Katy Tulip

That's weird, petaljam, and not a good omen! Have you tried signing out and then back in again?

smiley - sadface Katy

Post 6

petal jam

Repeatedly, Katy. read somewhere that someone else was trying to post to Marmalade's page on Sunday and encountered the same problem. Definitely logged in though.

Also having trouble with using my tabbed browser, which I love to pieces for its multi-shirking capabilities. E.g. click the "Who's Online" doobree and it will only open in a new window, which defeats the whole object for me.

Onwards and Upwards

pj

Post 7

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Petaljam, here's a workaround...

Open the popup window, right-click on the background and select "Bookmark this page". (That's Mozilla/Firefox; I assume Opera has a similar facility)

Now close the window, open a tab and load the bookmark. In theory that bookmark should be good from now on. smiley - geek

Post 8

petal jam

Peet, you are a small wonder. Bookmarks bulging on our pc despite rigorous editing and pruning.

pj

Post 9

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

If you're using Mozilla or Firefox, there's actually a "My Conversations" sidebar posted somewhere around... Sadly, I can't remember where at the moment - it was about two years ago! But it'll come to me... smiley - geek

Post 10

DruglessBrain

Please add me to the Mustard list.

Douglas

Post 11

Hey, Douglas! What's new?

Post 12

DruglessBrain

Well, George Edward Grundy is still pretty new, I suppose.

Douglas

Post 13

"Is it normal? Babies? Lying on their back looking at the ceiling, but not really focusing on anything?" smiley - yuk

Post 14

woofti aka groovy gravy

hi there Squigs!

I have tried to leave you a message in your Personal Space but there's a glitch preventing me from doing so.

I hope you persevere with h2g2 because it seems to me to be a lot of fun. The best thing about it is the flexibility with which people can communicate. And of course the journals. Peet has a very entertaining one and martine, moo and annie cambridge have all started one (as have I). It's called blogging - web logging. To my mind the best journals are the ones where mundanities rule - little details of your life, what you had for lunch, what you are doing at the moment, the flotsam and jetsam.

Anyway I hope you, the Prof and Teenager are all in good health. I am slightly hungover at present but I'm taking the age old cure - the hair of the dog!

all the best

dagesh xxxx

Post 15

woofti aka groovy gravy

hmmm, hootoo is slow this evening.

One of these days I'm going to crack as regards smileys!smiley - smiley

I wanted to say that you don't have to become proficient at navigating within hootoo (that's h2g2) to succeed in New ML. Hootoo is a site that runs in DNA, the system NML will use, which is why people have crossed over, to get acquainted with the new technology before we cross over to NML.

People in ML seem to be thinking that they have to get into hootoo. They don't, it's entirely optional; it's just that some inquiring/adventurous/pioneering spirits have wandered over here to see how DNA runs and how NML is likely to operate.

So don't panic, be comfortable!

cheers
dagesh smiley - cheerup

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more