A Conversation for The Bull Outhouse

Hamsters! Oh No!

Post 1

moo

Is no where safe?

And judging by the picture on the "Guide Entry" (our kind of unofficial home page thing), hamsters have faces here.

Hamsters! Oh No!

Post 2

Dragonfly. "A poet can survive everything but a misprint"-- Oscar Wilde

I LOOOOOOOVE hamsters!!!! smiley - smiley

Hamsters! Oh No!

Post 3

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Hey, Dragonfly, long time no see! smiley - hug

I'm just shepherding (hence the sheep) some stragglers over from Mustardland (the Archers BBS) on a sort of "Guided tour" to see what DNA's all about. Their board's on the verge of collapse, and they're getting a DNA one instead. smiley - geek

Feel free to mix, but don't feel too excluded if they resort to talk of sockpuppets and snorks... Their board has a very entrenched culture. smiley - biggrin

("The Hamsters" is their name for the PTB)

Hamsters! Oh No!

Post 4

LOL... the hamsters being a nickname... that's terribly clever... smiley - smiley

Hamsters! Oh No!

Post 5

Dragonfly_

Um - just dipping my toe in the water. I think I should point out that I am the Dragonfly from the TA boards, and the other person in this thread is not me. Is this likely to cause a problem?

Hamsters! Oh No!

Post 6

YAY!!!!

How exciting!!!

:;dances:: Hi, Dragonfly!!!

Hamsters! Oh No!

Post 7

petal jam

no, I could tell you apart, but then you have different accents.

seats aren't very comfortable in here are they? brain not quite engaged either -is it strobe lighting they use?

petal jam

Hamsters! Oh No!

Post 8

smiley - tongueout What's wrong with my accent!??

And I love the seating!!! smiley - nahnah

Hamsters! Oh No!

Post 9

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Hey, Mustardland Dragonfly! Welcome aboard!

We're a bit less "proprietary" about names on here... The chances of two Dragonflies on the same thread are virtually... oh bugger. smiley - erm

smiley - laugh

It won't be a problem, Dragonfly... Once you've edited your "Personal Space" to give a little info about yourself (it doesn't have to be much - we're not looking for anything personal or intrusive, just the fact that you decamped from Mustardland will do...) anybody looking at one of your postings will be able to click on your name and verify your identity. smiley - geeksmiley - ok

(Sorry about all the smileys, force of habit... smiley - evilgrin)

Oh, and by the way, if you want to get rid of the excess "_" at the end of your name, pop over to:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/UserDetails

...and edit the top "Nickname" line. When you submit, all occurences of your name will be updated.

I know it's all a bit daunting at the start... It's fun, tho'. smiley - winkeye

Hamsters! Oh No!

Post 10

;:nods:: It's great here.... smiley - smiley

Welcome, Dragonfly!!!

WOOOHOOO!!!! Fun....

Hamsters! Oh No!

Post 11

martine_s

Hi Dragonfly, couldn't invade your personal space. See you around. I already had a mutually bemused but enriching exchange with the previous Draggers...

Hamsters! Oh No!

Post 12

DeeKay Bee

Hi Dragonfly, I noticed yesterday that you had a relative here smiley - smiley

You'd think that there'd be a dragonfly emoticon, I can find smiley - dragon and smiley - bluebutterfly and smiley - orangebutterfly but no dragonfly smiley - sadface

Hamsters! Oh No!

Post 13

Yes... that IS something of a pity.... smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post