This is the Message Centre for Xantief

The things we hear....

Post 1

Xantief

To hear one side of a telephone conversation says a great deal about the speaker. To have to put up with this at random, i.e. walking down the street, befuddles the mind at times.

Here is a noteworthy sample of the genre of interpersonal communication that I have heard lately:

"I'm like, you know, he's like, like, sooo DUH, like TOtally..."

This from an adult, and she doesn't even have blonde-ness to back her up!smiley - winkeye

The things we hear....

Post 2

healingmagichands

Or a vocabulary either, apparently.

The things we hear....

Post 3

Lady Chattingly

A little Paris Hiltonish, maybe?

The things we hear....

Post 4

Xantief

Ah yes, our favorite little debutarde...smiley - biggrin

The things we hear....

Post 5

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

That was no adult. smiley - silly

The things we hear....

Post 6

Xantief

Old enough to be wearing an employee badge. Valley girl, for sure, for sure...

Also very entertaining to listen to Veronica's intimate chats with her current boyfriend...words like puto and maricon thrown in...

The things we hear....

Post 7

Lady Chattingly

We have a cell phone, as I'm sure most everyone does these days, but when we are in a restaurant, museum, or other social function, we keep it turned off. We are not "on call" so there is no need to disturb others with it.

Why is it that people who talk on cell phones seem to need to speak louder than on a regular phone? If you must use your phone in the restaurant, please speak quietly. I don't give a rat's patooty about your conversation. Just MHO.

(Steps down from soap box)

Sorry..........smiley - blush

The things we hear....

Post 8

Xantief

I wish it was legal to carry a jammer for those frequencies. A simple tone generator...

The things we hear....

Post 9

healingmagichands

I've been threatening to get a jammer for my massage room so that the people who can't live without their cell phones won't be bothered by receiving any calls during their hour on my table.

The things we hear....

Post 10

Lady Chattingly

Our son is in sales and uses his cell phone regularly as part of his sales' equipment. When he comes to see us, he puts in on vibrate so that it won't ring and disturb the conversation. He checks when it vibrates and usually doesn't take the call--unless it's really important.

Then there is the lady who was talking on her cell phone while driving, pulled out in front of my daughter and promptly turned into a driveway 1/2 block from where she pulled out in the first place. Talk about a ding bat!
smiley - steam

The things we hear....

Post 11

Xantief

Remember the CB [Cretins Broadcasting] fad? I hope against hope that these cell phones go the same road.

Granted, they come in handy in emergencies, but too many people carry it to a ridiculous extreme.

The things we hear....

Post 12

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

They'll be the first ones to have a transceiver implanted behind their ear. Then they can wander the streets and public places talking out loud, just like crazy people.

The things we hear....

Post 13

Xantief

At w**k, the bosses and office jockeys are all wandering around with Bluetooth devices hanging on their ears. They look like the Borg Hive, with all those blue LEDs flashing away.

They offered them to everyone, but I refused. I indicated my [issued] Blackberry hanging on my belt, and told my boss, I'm close enough to my phone.

The things we hear....

Post 14

Lady Chattingly

Speaking of talking out loud: When we were in Nashville, there was a homeless man sitting on the back of a bench (with his feet in the seat of same), yelling numbers out loud. Some of the natives told us he was an engineer before he became homeless.........smiley - tongueincheek

The things we hear....

Post 15

Xantief

I hope someone recruited him as a Bingo caller...smiley - tongueincheek

The things we hear....

Post 16

Phred Firecloud

So...there was this blonde who put a dent in her car...

The repairperson, having a bit of fun, told her to blow into the tailpipe to straighten out the dent...

She huffed and puffed to no avail...

A blonde friend, happening by, told her to roll up the windows first.

The things we hear....

Post 17

Lady Chattingly

B-I-N-GO!!

The things we hear....

Post 18

Hypatia

Amazing. Absolutely amazing. I wish talking on cell phones in the car was illegal. I pass tons of drivers more interested in their conversations than in their driving.

The things we hear....

Post 19

Lady Chattingly

Drivers on cell phones scare me to death! A pox on all of them!

The things we hear....

Post 20

Xantief

http://home.comcast.net/~zendruid/wsb/media/1250392/site1013.jpg

My humble submission to the road art collection.

Key: Complain about this post