This is the Message Centre for Dea.. - call me Mrs B!

Baby names - crunch time!

Post 1

Dea.. - call me Mrs B!

OK, my sister is presently in the delivery room of her local hospital, huffing and puffing her way into producing my new niece or nephew.smiley - puff

It pains me to say it, but my previously lovely, sane, quite hip and trendy sister, has gone a bit mad with this pregnancy lark and is proposing to lumber my dear niece or nephew with the worst names I have ever heard in my life!smiley - sadface

The current choices are Niall for a boy and Isla for a girl!smiley - yuk We must stop this! The baby will be born in the next few hours and unless we do something now, I'll never be able to live with myself if I don't do anything.

I have publicly stated that I shall be calling the baby Fred, whether it is a boy or a girl! Please suggest alternate names that I can give as a list to the poor deluded parents in their time of need.......

Post 2

Deep Doo Doo

Boy = Steve

Girl = Stephanie

There you go, the only names you will ever need!!!smiley - biggrin

(Fingers crossed for Gill though - hope it all goes perfectly!!)

Post 3

Dea.. - call me Mrs B!

I can't see her naming the baby after you, somehow!smiley - laugh

I'm getting half hourly texts from Jim saying things like, "she's still in there, dilated to 10cm"smiley - erm Thanks for sharing......

Post 4

Deep Doo Doo

Erm....

How much does she have to be diluted before the baby swims out????smiley - erm

Post 5

Dea.. - call me Mrs B!

Well, the average baby's head is prolly about 15-18 cm wide so I'd imagine she wanna be dilated to at least that before she starts to shove owt out!

Post 6

Bold Ferret - God of Three Sided Squares, Helium Filled Lemmings and A Slightly Bent Teaspoon

Hows about bob or bobbetta smiley - winkeye

Post 7

Deep Doo Doo

smiley - cool

Post 8

Stu

Petronella?

Post 9

Dea.. - call me Mrs B!

Petronella is a cool name! But my sister also has a Petronella plant (see, it's not just me Stu!!!) so I don't think she'll be naming her child after that..........

Its better than Isla though..........

Post 10

Stu

Ok then, what about:

Boy - Indiana

Girl - Leia

smiley - cool

Post 11

Dea.. - call me Mrs B!

Indiana Gibb has a real.........interesting sound there!

Leia Gibb sinds OK though. I'll put that one on the list smiley - biggrin

Post 12

Serephina

10 cm is as far as anyone dilates ,regardless of the babys head size smiley - winkeye thats one of the reasons it hurts so much..

as for names..hmmmm i like Grace for a girl and James for a boy..

Post 13

Dea.. - call me Mrs B!

Can you tell I've never given birth? And neither has any of the rest of them on here!smiley - laugh

She's still smiley - puffing away, but seemingly more swear words are creeping in so she must be getting closer!smiley - biggrin

My Mum has just text me to say "Did you know they're thinking of calling it Niall? Is that not a gay name?!!!" Bless my mother!smiley - laugh

I would have said I liked any names but now I have to except Isla or Niall!! They're horrible! I think I'm still gonna call it Fred - whatever flavour it is!

Post 14

Ågen†™

My g/f's sis just gave birth to her second daughter last week and all through the pregnancy Ele was calling her niece Jim Bob. Now that she is born , she has been named Rosslyn but Ele still insists on calling her Jim Bob.

Post 15

Ågen†™

And her 2 year old sister is called Gabrielle btw.

Post 16

Dea.. - call me Mrs B!

See! Fred is a perfectly acceptable name for a girl then!

The last thing my brother in law said as they were wheeling her in and he was on the phone to me was "Call it Fred if you want but I won't call my child Freda!"

Post 17

Deep Doo Doo

Norman, Bob or Wilfred!!!!smiley - blush

Post 18

Dea.. - call me Mrs B!

*slaps DDD round the head*

None of that, ma boy!smiley - cross

Post 19

Deep Doo Doo

Wot????smiley - erm

Post 20

Serephina

with ideas like that yeah its pretty obvious youve not had one smiley - winkeye 18 cms..i wish!

Key: Complain about this post