A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Everyone ready for Christmas then?

Post 1

Is mise Duncan

Or am I the only one who can't work out what to get for whom and which party/venue to go to etc..?

Post 2

Bald Bloke

My word you are far too organised Duncan smiley - smiley

The rest of us won't even start thinking about it until Dec 24th.

Post 3

Is mise Duncan

Ah - but that is not a good idea if you are going to have to rely on an oversubscribed cheap airline over Christmas...

Post 4

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Not Crimbo please no,not crimbo.

Post 5

JHP

We have a crib scene that we get out every year. But ours is different. It has Mary and Joseph and the Baby Jesus of course, as well as the usual barn animals and the odd angel or two. What makes ours strange is that it also has a scale model of the teletubbies noo-noo in it. We put it all on display and when gusts come round we wait to see how long they will take to notice, if at all. Just thought I'd tell you that.

Post 6

JHP

Oops! Of course it's GUESTS and not GUSTS who come at Christmas, unless it's after mulled wine, in which case you get both.

Post 7

protecter of the jam doughnut

when is christmas this year?

Post 8

I'm not really here

I know exactly what I'm doing over christmas. Working.

Post 9

Gnomon - time to move on

Exactly how big is your scale model of the Noo-Noo? What size is a teletubby. Estimates range from 1 foot 6 to 10 feet. If the latter is true, then the Noo-Noo is about the size of the Ox.

I've seen an translation/interpretation of the traditional nativity scene which read: "because the guest bedroom was already occupied, they had to sleep with the family (and the animals) in the main family bedroom".

Post 10

Zak T Duck

At the mo I'm too busy to even think about Christmas, so it looks like I'll be doing my old trick of ordering prezzies online again.

Post 11

You can call me TC

Well, that was two weeks ago, and I'm still no further than I was then.

It is just so wet and miserable and hasn't frozen yet and we have so many birthdays in November.

Post 12

Is mise Duncan

I went out last weekend and managed to buy three Christmas presents.....for myself smiley - winkeye.
I have, however, booked my holiday in the project plans and booked my flight with Ryanair.

What IS Crimbo, then ??????!!!?????

Post 13

Spaceechik, Typomancer

Okay, I know when I'm beat -- WHAT is Crimbo?? Please take pity on a Yank from La-La-Land and expound! smiley - smiley

Post 14

Zak T Duck

Crimbo, or Chrimbo or Chrizzy are all colloquialisms for the same word, Christmas. smiley - santa

Post 15

Spaceechik, Typomancer

Oh ..... well, I guess I should have figured! I just always called it Chritty, myself! smiley - santa

Removed

Post 16

You can call me TC

This post has been removed.

Post 17

Joppe_55

one week 'till christmas and i haven't begun purchasing christmad presents..... man i'm organized!!!! (not...)

Post 18

Is mise Duncan

We had our works Christmas do last night....and I'm only just starting to recover now.
'tis the season to be drinking .....smiley - stoutsmiley - alesmiley - stiffdrink

Post 19

Joppe_55

falalalalalalalalaaaaa???

Post 20

Spaceechik, Typomancer

You're exactly right, Chrimbo IS much better, thank you, Trillian! smiley - reindeer

(I'm a little dismayed though that your comment provided such an insight -- I've really GOT to cheer up!) smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post