A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What would you say is the most iconic photograph that has a non inconic subject?

Post 1

The Groob

?

What would you say is the most iconic photograph that has a non inconic subject?

Post 2

bobstafford

This is my choice

http://viralister.com/la-jument-lighthouse-wave/

smiley - cheers

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Inconic?

" an inconic is a conic section inscribed in the sides, possibly extended, of a triangle"

Funny, but I'm having a little trouble picturing this, and would love to see a photograph of it....

Post 4

Gingersnapper+Keeper of the Cookie Jar and Stuff and Nonsense

bobstafford: Fabulous, I had seen that picture a few years ago and sure wondered if he stepped back inside in time and then if the water flowed inside after him. Sure wonderful to read the whole story. Thanks. .. . smiley - bubbly . .. ...

Post 5

Icy North

Some of the Vietnam War images were astonishing, and iconic in a strange sort of way:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=vietnam+war+photograph&biw=1366&bih=690&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X

Post 6

The Groob

paulh, it's a Madonna song:

"Inconic. Inconic. Put your hands all over my body."

smiley - musicalnote

Post 7

bobstafford

HI! Gingersnapper

French lighthouse atlantic coast

It was a stormy day and the keeper stepped outside to see what that bloody helicopter was doing disturbing his peace (as he was on the night shift). the photograph was taken and a split second after the keeper stepped back in and closed the door. He was experienced enough to realise that if the sea was breaking on the tower 20 feet above his head it was time to go, and he did not even spill his tea.

Bloody good bloke!
smiley - cheerssmiley - ok

Post 8

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I hope he was evacuated safely. smiley - yikes

Key: Complain about this post