Post 43

Brian of Bourne

Sorry Slug.
No offence intended.
Just a jolly jest.

Do you like sprouts?

Post 44

Rainbow

Is someone taking my name in vain?? For the record, I'm nothing like cooked mushrooms!! smiley - smiley

Do you like sprouts?

Post 45

Klaxon the ever optimisticured

nope - didn't work for me but that's maybe because they were frozen

Do you like sprouts?

Post 46

Klaxon the ever optimisticured

I was meaning lightly done in butter

Do you like sprouts?

Post 47

Metal Chicken

No, no, no. Only nastily overcooked mushrooms are chewy. Lightly sauted in garlic butter, now that sounds tasty.
Anyway presuming slugs taste like snails, being basically the same creature, they'd only taste of whatever they were flavoured with. I recommend lots of garlic.
(Apologies to our own Slug who I'm sure is very tasty but we would not want to sit on anybody's dinner plate smiley - winkeye )

Do you like sprouts?

Post 48

tabatha

Did I manage to convince anyone to go out and try the poor old Brussels sprout again??? trust me, its worth it, just dont overcook them..

cya
tab

Do you like sprouts?

Post 49

Rainbow

It's funny that, Metal Chicken, but I do happen to be particularly fond of Garlic......

Do you like sprouts?

Post 50

Abi

Tree, I too cannot eat mushrooms any more cos of the Slug thing (no offence Slug)

I did relief sorting at the Post Office on Xmas and on the last day we went up to the canteen for breakfast. The mushrooms must have been under those weird heat lamps for hours. They even looked like slugs.

Now I cannot look one in the face however lightly cooked / raw it is! smiley - sadface

Do you like sprouts?

Post 51

Niz (soon to be gone)

I too cannot eat mushrooms. The last time I had mushrooms I ended up in an art gallery laughing at the notice board for 3 hours believing it to be a melting painting. I was thrown out.
Don't eat mushrooms kids smiley - bigeyes

Do you like sprouts?

Post 52

Circe

Oh dear. They sound like fun mushrooms. Where was the art gallery?

Do you like sprouts?

Post 53

Niz (soon to be gone)

Amsterdam. Oh dear! I think I've been duped!!smiley - bigeyes

Do you like sprouts?

Post 54

Rainbow

Curiously, I love mushrooms of all kinds - Cooked and Raw. When I was little (about 8 yrs old), my exceedingly eccentric headmistress would go out into the fields nearby and collect (edible) toadstools and cook them for us before morning assembly. Thus I acquired my taste for fungi of all sorts, and can probably claim to have eaten every kind of edible toadstool/mushroom in England - perhaps I really am a Slug!!

Do you like sprouts?

Post 55

Rainbow

P.S. Those 'fun' mushrooms Niz was refering to can also be found in certain fields in Warwickshire!! smiley - smileysmiley - tongueoutsmiley - smileysmiley - tongueoutsmiley - smiley

Do you like sprouts?

Post 56

Niz (soon to be gone)

Have you a grid reference on that!! I feel a harvest coming on.
Don't do it kids it's not big and not clever!!!smiley - bigeyes

Do you like sprouts?

Post 57

Niz (soon to be gone)

Funnily enough when I was at school the headmaster wouldn't let us pick the liberty cap mushrooms that grew on the football pitch.
Fancy not letting us expand our minds. It should be mandatry.

It doesn't make you grown up kids smiley - bigeyes

Do you like sprouts?

Post 58

Rainbow

My headmistress obviously felt it increased our enthusiasm for school....

Do you like sprouts?

Post 59

Moondancer

Hi.

Of course, wild mushrooms grow best in the bull paddock.
I can remember my father taking us mushrooming, as he drove around the bull paddock we leaned out of the car and picked them out the open door. While the bulls stood around and watched.
smiley - tongueoutsmiley - tongueout to the Bulls.
smiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smiley
Moondancer

Key: Complain about this post