A Conversation for Ask h2g2

No Subject

Post 1

Jonathan The Matress

How can you tell you are getting old?

Getting old...

Post 2

The time to start worrying about it is when you find yourself worrying about it.

Getting old...

Post 3

Cheerful Dragon

'Old' is a state of mind.

I first thought, 'I'm getting old' in my early 20s when a load of teenagers got on the bus, laughing and larking about, and I thought, 'Kids!' I doubt if they were much more than 8 years younger than me. But then, I never really enjoyed the things that teenagers thought were fun when I was one - discos, going out and getting drunk, wild parties.

I'm still 'the right side of 40', if you use phrases like that. I try not to - whichever side of 30 / 40 / 50 I am is the right side. I know that children would think of me as 'old', but I don't think of myself that way. My mother is in her 70s, but I don't think of her as old, either.

The way I see it, ignore your birth certificate. Act the age you feel you are, and to hell with the rest of the world!smiley - bigeyes

Getting old...

Post 4

Xanatic(phenomena phreak)

Hey

I´m new here, and I know this is the wrong place to ask but how the hell does these things work? I can´t find anywhere where you can start a new conversation. I would like to start a conversation about how to start a new one, but that seemed like a bot of a catch-22. Anybody can help me out here? Thanx

Getting old...

Post 5

prinsesse

hey xanatic...if you want a new conversation....click new conversationon the side...where you read the entries....

one you post something, it shows up on your space(my space) that you have posted to that forum.....if someone sends a reply....then it will show that someone has posted a reply to your post....you need only to ckick on the part that says "last reply 42 min" or whatever time it says...then it will take you directly to the forum....where you can read the reply....

i looked at your space...i noticed that you had not edited your page...i strongly suggest you edit it, even if you just write hi...

you may edit your page by clicking edit page

might i also suggest going to preferences and selecting classic goo as the skin...everything looks so much nicer in classic goo...

policemen!

Post 6

streety

policemen look younger,as you get older! Its a fact! If coppers look like kids....you're an old git!

policemen!

Post 7

Bob Gone for good read the jornal

THere is no such thing as to old to fat to short as long as you want to do it you can. another thing to cosider is that time as we know it is just a human concept so there is no actual thing as old. I mean if some roman bloke (I think we use a veration of the roman calenda although I could be wrong) decided that hourers where 120 minets long insted of 60 minets you would be harlf the age you are now.
my point is (yes it did actually have a point) that to be old you just have to decide that you are. i a three yer old wanted to act like a 80 year old it could and it would passit off very well. You are old when you say you are which is why I will stay 17 forever

policemen!

Post 8

Jonathan The Matress

I'm thirteen, incidentally, i was just asking to tell my mum. Sorry.

Ageism

Post 9

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

You feel old when you hear your kids moaning about 'the c**p in the charts these days'.

Having said that, it's probably been around for years anyway.

policemen!

Post 10

Is mise Duncan

I suppose you might be considered old if you get your children to work the computer/video recorder/stair lifts etc. smiley - winkeye.

policemen!

Post 11

I'm not really here

When bits start dropping off , or needing replacing is a good guide I think.
(Oh yes, and when your child's new teacher looks younger than you. smiley - sadface)

policemen!

Post 12

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

When one of your favourite records from your childhood gets remixed and reissued for the third time....

Newspapers

Post 13

Is mise Duncan

It all depends where you start reading the newspaper. The children start with the cartoons, young men start at the back (sport), 30somethings start at the front or the business section and you are old if you start in the middle with the Obituaries.

policemen!

Post 14

Bob Gone for good read the jornal

not really that can happen in a month these days no one bothers to think of new stuff.

Key: Complain about this post