A Conversation for Ask h2g2

How about a club for ranting...

Post 1

The Corrupt One (MIA)

Hey, what do you think about a club for the bored, ranting souls that infest h2g2? If there's enough interest, I'll make one...

And how about "The Rant Room" as a title?

Please respond, as I'm bored and hot...oh, I already mentioned that. Sorry for my small rant. smiley - winkeye

Post 2

Biggy P (the artist phormerly known as phord)

Oh god, I hate Windows 98, rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant

smiley - smiley

Post 3

Mick & Hoppa Canuck

I DOOO RANT RANT ,OHHHHHH, I DOOO RANT RANT

Neat idea. But The Rant Room sounds too lame!
I wish I could come with a better name. I will go and get a cold drink and maybe I will think of something as a name.

I just looked up the word rant

1. to talk loudly and wildly
2. to scold violently

My defintion H- to go crazy and bitch majorly, and get it off your chest. ARRRRRRGH
News Flash
Our Prime Minister Jean Chretian someone did the cream pie in in the face thing. It is on the news. I guess security wasn't good enough. I will get back to ya on a name to rant
Hoppa

Post 4

Cheerful Dragon

Great idea!smiley - bigeyes We have 'Ask h2g2' and 'How do I...?', plus the various 'Miscellaneous Chat' forums, but nowhere to go to have a good moan. We all need a good moan from time to time, some more than others. Currently I'm working with a man who seems to spend his time doing nothing but moaning (about the company, the equipment, the procedures, the documents, the 'Health and Safety' policy...). But then, I'm moaning about the moaner, and I do feel better for it.

Post 5

The Corrupt One (MIA)

OK, then if you guys can come up with a good name for it, I'll open up a room just for our constant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant-ing.

smiley - winkeye

Name for the club

Post 6

Wraith

Tough one... maybe do it like matchbox twenty? take the first thing we see as a name? then again, mabe not...

Name for the club

Post 7

soeasilyamused, or sea

we had a similar organization at school, and they called it a Speaker's Gathering, where everyone could come and voice their opinions without being teased or ignored...

Name for the club

Post 8

The Corrupt One (MIA)

So, what, Ranters' Gathering? Good idea, keep 'em coming...

smiley - smiley

being teased

Post 9

Wraith

c'mon... what is this?!? this is all about being slacked, teased and possibly ignored. this is the INTERNET. naaah, just kidding. still, is it really that important to have a good name for the club? isn't the content much more important?

being teased

Post 10

The Corrupt One (MIA)

thank you, wraith, for clearing that up...content is more important than a good title at this point.

So I have opened it! Just for the hell of it, of course. Take your rants to www.h2g2.com/a418781 where you will find The Rant Shack.

Tell other ranters about it. Then I'll post a list of the more frequent ranters as well.

=)

Rant Shack

Post 11

Mick & Hoppa Canuck

Sounds like a plan
Hoppasmiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post