A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Questions that need to be asked?

Post 21

queeglesproggit

I've heard that God is alive and well and working on a much less ambitious project!

Do fish suffer from hydrophobia?

Do worms suffer from claustrophobia?

Do flies suffer from arachnophobia?

Post 22

queeglesproggit

To one asking questions on the slightly less philosophical side; upon discussing where to get the best photos for a driving licence:

Is it illegal to make funny faces on the photos for driving licences/passports?

The only downside we can see to this is trying to make the same face to Customs upon travelling abroad smiley - bigeyes

Post 23

Niz (soon to be gone)

Do fish get thirsty?

When they are gulping on the surface of the water, does the air go down the wrong way and make them choke?

Post 24

Brian of Bourne

I think they get wind - place on shoulder and ....

Post 25

Is mise Duncan

Primitive fish and some sharks swallow air in order to maintain neutral bouyancy - goldfish and other swim-bladder possesing fish only do it for the laugh smiley - winkeye

Post 26

Gandalf ( Got my own Comp Now!! Still Redundant!! )

I think goldfish do it simply to remind you that it is time to change the water, as they have used up all the oxygen since last change!
smiley - fish
'G'

Post 27

Freaky Cheeze

Gee you can read some funny stuff...well everywhere round here.
Its me cheeze did you miss me?
Oh this is to Trillians child...the actual gender of the said child was female... Something, something Frequent Flyer, if memory serves me correctly. Hi guys b-t-w.
I did have a question but for the life of me i cant remember!!
smiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fish
Here are some fish for all of you!!smiley - winkeye

Trillian's child

Post 28

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Reading through this conversation thread it occurs to me that some of you really have too much time on your hands.Stop the navel comtemplation and go down the pub.Oh and I reckon laying of the caffiene might be a good idea.We are who/what we are and that's all there is to it.

Trillian's child

Post 29

Freaky Cheeze

We are what we are and we are doing the best we can. It is not by you or any other to tell us otherwise!
Time is irrelivent and navel gazing doubly so.
Some one once told me that time is a preditor, that stalks us all our lives, but i have come to believe that time is a companion that goes with us on the journeysmiley - smiley
I'm just speaking out of my ass now!!

Trillian's child

Post 30

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

And quoting Star Trek: Generations. smiley - winkeye

Trillian's child

Post 31

Freaky Cheeze

you caught me out i was going to reference it but i was tired and couldnt think of any thing interesting and original.
The ass is a wonderful tool. So are those people who notice things like plageiarism. But thanx for paying attention.
smiley - smileysmiley - smileyCheezesmiley - smileysmiley - smiley

Trillian's child

Post 32

Freaky Cheeze

you caught me out!! I was going to reference it but i was tired and couldnt think of any thing interesting and original.
The ass is a wonderful tool. So are those people who notice things like plageiarism. But thanx for paying attention.
smiley - smileysmiley - smileyCheezesmiley - smileysmiley - smiley

Trillian's child

Post 33

Freaky Cheeze

Sorry, i was trying to fix some grammer!!

Trillian's child

Post 34

I didn't want to appear anally-retentive; remembering a line of dialogue like that. But hey there you go. Let this be lesson to you and don't do it again y'hear? smiley - winkeye

Clive smiley - smiley

Trillian's child

Post 35

Freaky Cheeze

Yes sir!!!!!!!!!
*does the extra long salute for the very important, Rimmer salute with added wavy bits*

Trillian's child

Post 36

Freaky Cheeze

Yes sir!!!!!!!!!
*does the extra long salute for the very important, Rimmer salute with added wavy bits*

Trillian's child

Post 37

DISMISSED SOLDIER!

smiley - winkeye

Trillian's child

Post 38

Freaky Cheeze

Permission to speak freely, sir?
Too bad your gonna hear this any way:
Really, it's not me its the computer!! really!!

Trillian's child

Post 39

Actually being given the extra long salute reserved for the esepcially important was rather nice. It has given my ego a small boost it needed after having walked through the wind and the rain to find the one shop in town that sold what I wanted has closed down. Which is why I am here in this internet cafe nursing dejectidly a cup of (*really nice!*) cofee smiley - winkeye

Different subject: I know that shops start with the whole Christmas thing *really* early. Here we are not quite yet out of Octoiber and the cards have been on the slefs for weeks already. but I could have sworn I just walked past a shoe shop that was adb#vertising "Springers" with pictures of happy people and sun-shine. Now I don't care what you say, that's what I call jumping the gun.

Clive smiley - smiley

I just wanted to get my name off the title of the postings in this thread

Post 40

You can call me TC

I can't think of anything to say.

Where were we?

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more