A Conversation for Ask h2g2

So what are you doing at work!

Post 1

designmonkey AKA George The Gay Hippo

Ok guys what does everyone do and what are they doing right now (apart from skiving on HooToo)

I'm designing the front cover of a small catalogue, drinking water and listening to Polysics.

DM

Post 2

Lord Wolfden - Howl with Pride

I am unempoloyed with a disability and am in a benefits trap.

smiley - fullmoon

Post 3

nicki

im currently laid on my bed surfing hootoo.

i have to go to work at marks and spencers soon

ah the joys of being a student!

Post 4

Lord Wolfden - Howl with Pride

unemployed

Post 5

Bold Ferret - God of Three Sided Squares, Helium Filled Lemmings and A Slightly Bent Teaspoon

Hi DM, normally try to leave work off HooToo, but as you asked... I'm looking at a councils document to see if there is enough in it to effectively protect the environment. Though by the time you are reading this, I'll be having a cup of smiley - tea

smiley - biggrin

Post 6

Well BF that all sounds V Important and confusing.

I'm sorry if people don't like the subject matter but if a few more people answer we should be able to see what a diverse and interesting crowd the H2G2ers really are.
DM

Post 7

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Working from home, self employed, telephone marketing for an independand 'outsourced' company. Today I should have been 'pre approaching' a few companys, and calling others back who I spoke to a few weeks back to arrange appointments with employe benifits consultants. smiley - yawn instead of which, I slept in till just before midday after not having gone to bed till about 5 or 6 AM this morning, then I went to the bakery and got lunch, did laundry, tidied up a bit, made my bed, sent a few Emails and text messages, made my bed, opened the door to my 'friend' smiley - blush and had sex... smiley - erm not a very work effective day relaly, I'll have to catch up tomorrow and get a ton of stuff done smiley - doh

Post 8

Hi Lordwolfden,
I was in the benefits trap once and completely sympathise with you.
But it's nice to make a metal image of the people you're talking to and where they are and what they do.

I just realised that it might be a sensitive subject to some people and I apologise.
DM

Post 9

nicki

im a lazy student i dont care!

smiley - yikes is that the time i have to go to work!

Post 10

Woo 2legs

Thats some Job.

DM

Post 11

It'd be a better job.... Or at least more financially rewarding.... If I ever managed to do more than about two hours actual work (on a good8 dday) smiley - biggrin Although I do like the idea of it being quite flexible.... working from home; can do my laundry whilst I'm at work.... pop up and down the street to newsagents, shops etc., As I've always done when I wasn't working... No comuting every day or travel of any description (I ocaionally will have to pop up to London, but thats not a problem, and the one time I've done it thus far, I arranged to meet fellow H2G2ers afterwards in a pub smiley - ale ) smiley - biggrinsmiley - erm unfortuantley I don't get the sex at work every day... well... if I relaly wanted that I guess I could always consider being a male prostitute smiley - rofl

Post 12

smiley - laughsmiley - laugh
almost shot water out of my nose at that 1 2legs.
DM

Post 13

smiley - laugh what did I say to make you do that?! smiley - roflsmiley - ermsmiley - doh ... I need more incentive to work.... so far this week... Monday and Tuesday... I've done, maybe three hours work at the absolute most... and made only like about £50 or somethign smiley - dohsmiley - erm I'll have to do some more work tomorrow... I should set myself targets.... 'this week I'm going to earn enough to buy a new hi fi' or 'this week I'm going to earn enough to buy a new box of 'toys' ' smiley - evilgrin yeh... maybe that kinda incentive would help smiley - biggrin

Post 14

Bold Ferret - God of Three Sided Squares, Helium Filled Lemmings and A Slightly Bent Teaspoon

It never works though, does it 2Legs?

Post 15

"if I relaly wanted that I guess I could always consider being a male prostitute "

Made me laugh,
I have my eye on few toys however I think EG has different ideas.
DM

Post 16

naa, it didn't work: I could have theoreticlaly made enough cash last Friday to have bought a pretty good Hi Fi (I need a new one for my bedroom), but een with that incentive, I didn't get going.... started at about 11 AM, lunch at 12... back to work 2 PM.... called it a day by 4 smiley - biggrinsmiley - laugh acutlaly.... think I started at about 2.30 on Friday afternoon smiley - biggrinsmiley - laugh 'toys' ... I'm not entirely sure what sort of 'toys' I was refering too smiley - blush maybe electronic gadgets I don't need... a PDA or some such rubbish, or maybe more.... adult toys... I woulnd't like to say smiley - evilgrin

Post 17

My toys were The new 'Gorillaz' figurines.
DM

Post 18

I've not got many orniments in my house. I've a singing gerbal in the front room, and a talking beer mat, and a lion which growls smiley - erm and a few other soft toys of that kind smiley - biggrin in my bedroom I've a gopher, a womble, a rabbit, and a dog smiley - blushsmiley - erm I do have one orniment in the front room: I got it a few years back and I'm still looking for a partner to it; its a naked figurine of a woman with enormus breasts smiley - bigeyessmiley - blush carved from wood, about a foot tall, smiley - blush I wanted to get a male counterpart to it, but I've not seen a male one anywhere smiley - erm

Post 19

We just have Piles of unsortables and bookshelves full of books(obviously)DVDs,console games and a Model vespa.
DM

Post 20

Oh yes... we've three wooden shelves at the back of the room, one has lots and lots of paper work on it, that no one seem to be bothered to want to sort out next to that theres my CDs, about 500 of them (nicely in alphebitical order) smiley - biggrin then the third unit, has a load of my l lodgers cassettes on... then another unit next the PC which is massive covered in bits of electornics, a couple laptops I think, some wireless stuff and millions of diskcs and CD roms,.... Then a couple shelves on the walls, with more CDs etc on them... I sorted though a ton of junk a while ago, and have about a thousand cassettes stored in the loft now smiley - erm

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more