A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Advertising stupidity - now with added Title

Post 2101

Deb

Going totally against the spirit of the thread, I saw an ad yesterday for Jumbones - beautiful white bedroom, white bedding, very muddy dog climbs onto the bed and shakes. "This Christmas, if you forget...he'll remember". Made me laugh out loud and want to buy one for my dog!

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 2102

Orcus

Anne Diamond was once mighty?

I must have missed that bit of her career smiley - winkeye

Post 2103

invisibleknight

I saw that Jumbone advert & I wondered how many dog owners looked at their animals & actually said out loud words to the effect of "don't even consider it" adding profanity where appropriate.

It also made me wonder how many of them said privately to themselves in their heads a thinly veiled death threat as well.

Post 2104

fords - number 1 all over heaven

Well she was a mighty big pain. Does that count? smiley - tongueout

Post 2105

Orcus

Yup smiley - biggrin

Post 2106

urchinvic - the budgies are restless

I was at the cinema a few weeks ago, and this lovely "trailer" (or so i thought) came on featuring a bunch of scruffy kids walking along a beautiful beach in grotty weather. They are so peeved with the weather they throw stones at the clouds, and sun starts shining through the holes they have made. It is beautifully shot, and the plot is lovely. Then it ends up ruddy advertising the ruddy channel its being transmitted on!! After all the effort, I expected it to advertise a childrens charity, or at least something more profound than a TV station. Bah!smiley - sadface

Post 2107

Pit - ( Carpe Diem - Stay in Bed )

One from BBCworld I absolutely love. Two gentlemen from, very obviously, somewhere in Africa in a hotel, looking out of the window and suddenly having a colgate smile.

They run through the hotel corridors like bats out of hell. Come to a smoking heels stop and walk past the reception desk in a very sedate manner, only to go turbo speed again and have a smiley - snowball fight outside.

Catchline - "Do something for the first time in your life"

Advertizer, only shown for a blink of the eye - Sony.

Why don´t other TV channels insist on ads being as good?

Post 2108

Bright Blue Shorts

" was at the cinema a few weeks ago, and this lovely "trailer" (or so i thought) came on featuring a bunch of scruffy kids walking along a beautiful beach in grotty weather."

Oh yes ... isn't that advert just a complete piece of tosh ... absolute rubbish and thoroughly disappointing.

Post 2109

Matt

Religion has invaded my tube more than ever. There is an ad on the telly that goes through all the feelings a person may happen to feel. (Shot tastefully and to give the veiwer a pleasant perspective on life) it ges on to say how great life is and all that, and the picture reveals in nice big shiny letters...
Scientology.

It took me all of two seconds to shut off the T.V. and find something more rewarding to do, such as fume about my house trying to unsee the last 60 seconds.

Post 2110

Titania (gone for lunch)

One of my current pet peeves on Swedish TV right now is the ads for Kellogg's Special K, now in two new flavours, and how very *healthy* they are - in fact, so healthy that if you eat them in the morning as well as the perfect evening snack, you'll switch to a healthier lifestyle.

Yeah, right. Let's take a look at the list of ingredients.
Red Berries: Rice 52% closely followed by sugar.
Dark Chocolate & Strawberry: Rice 48%, yet again followed by sugar as the second major ingredient.

Pah!

Post 2111

fords - number 1 all over heaven

Having tried it, I can confirm that eating two bowls of Special K a day will help you to lose weight, but I suspect that it's because there's more nutritional value in a jar of baby food than Special K smiley - tongueout

Post 2112

Malabarista - now with added pony

Fortunately, Scientology is illegal here, and it's not officially recognised as a religion...

Post 2113

Mal, problem I have about you, mentioned in another thread - you´re in Europe, too?

Post 2114

Problem? What problem? smiley - huh

Post 2115

Locating you. If I ever find the money to be a smiley - biker again, I´ll come visiting.

Post 2116

Is that a threat? smiley - winkeye

Post 2117

Find space for a sleeping bag and find a bottle of something. You´ll find out. smiley - biggrin

Post 2118

Ok, I'll go ask Mu Beta for that dodgy bottle of fish sauce smiley - run

Post 2119

smiley - kiss. Have another smiley - kiss. With friends like you, who needs enemies?

Post 2120

Vip

The key thing with Scientology is to nip it in the bud before it becomes established, because the first thing it will do is try to gain the power that will prevent it being shut down (funnily enough).

It's not illegal here, but boy, I wish it was. Thankfully no adverts though (but that could just be because I don't watch TV).

smiley - fairy

Key: Complain about this post