A Conversation for Ask h2g2

The Apocalypse in World Religions

Post 1

Researcher 145173

I am doing research on various Apocalypse myths throughout the world religions and I would like to find out what people today believe about the end of the world. Anybody who comes up with an especially good philosophy and I end up using it will get a copy of the work when it is completed.

Post 2

Lintilla

What apocalypse? Do we really need to worry about it? I dont see any reason for the world to end...at least not in my life time, and while the myths make good stories, i dont think we really need to worry about it too much.smiley - smiley

-Lintilla (an optimist)

Post 3

Franklin4YAHWEH

Check out a free publication titled, "Nuclear War--Is It Really Coming?" that you can order online at: [Broken Link Removed by Moderator]. You can also copy or order their free periodical
magazine, "The Pophetic Word" or their newsletter. This is the most convincing end-time message that I have
ever heard. I have been interested in this subject for some time now.

Post 4

Franklin4YAHWEH

Oh, stop being so optimistic !

Post 5

TonicForAll

Does the word Kaboom mean anything to you?

Post 6

Lintilla

Kaboom?
Well at least we would all go together!

Post 7

Franklin4YAHWEH

Your being optimistic too again.

Post 8

Franklin4YAHWEH

I meant to say, "too optimistic".

Post 9

TonicForAll

If any of you actually read HGTG, you would know it is an Apocalyptic book (and series) in nature; however, what the original poster really wants is an idea of what you guys think will happen AFTER.….he's talking judgment day, god, etc.

Have you all no creativity?

Sheesh

Post 10

Lintilla

"Sheesh", lighten up!
Actually DA's original idea for the series was much more apocalyptic;

"In it's original form the show was going to be rather different. I was feeling a little disgruntled with the world at the time and had put together about six different plots, each of which ended with the distruction of the world in a different way, and for a different reason. It was to be called 'The Ends of the Earth'"-Douglas Adams

So the whole plot was actually less apocalyptic than originally planned since he never got around to writting about ALL the distructions.smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post