A Conversation for Ask h2g2

God Vs Aliens

Post 81

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

Who's to say whether a concept of god back in ancient times *isn't* a corruption of an alien race's influence? Calling it names makes no difference to what it is (or isn't)...

smiley - erm

Wait a minute, someone already making money out of that, aren't they?

smiley - laugh

God Vs Aliens

Post 82

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - ufosmiley - alienfrown aliens must get very annoyed, apparnetly in space no one makes icecreams.... no wonder they keep visiting earth

God Vs Aliens

Post 83

Who no's ? ........... Not me!!

>>apparnetly in space no one makes icecreams<<

theres a open market to capitalise on then...... unless richard branson gets there first.

God Vs Aliens

Post 84

Edward the Bonobo - Gone.

Looks like Lyons Maid already have the market sewn up:

http://www.thunderbirdsvintagetoys.co.uk/images/LyonsMaidBanner1.jpg

God Vs Aliens

Post 85

Stealth "Jack" Azathoth

Since we're speaking of aliens with god-like powers: F19585?thread=6381136

One of Iain M. Banks' culture novels had been adapted for radio.

God Vs Aliens

Post 86

I listened to it just now... It wasn't bad smiley - smiley

God Vs Aliens

Post 87

winternights

I know we should not mock them the little greensmiley - aliensmile, slimey eyed, over sized headed, silly sized fingered individualssmiley - alienfrown, but god must have really had a bad day to let these little suckers losesmiley - rocket in his play ground.smiley - wahsmiley - winkeye

God Vs Aliens

Post 88

winternights,

ooooo, your stiring things up now.

smiley - aliensmile

God Vs Aliens

Post 89

winternights

It’s often the case that when you accidentally come across a spaceship which was reported missing and you choose to board its then that the smiley - aliensmile are discovered.
Now as I don’t go to church and that being Gods house.
My old rover car is not fit for space travel, at least that’s what they said when it pasted its MOT, then I have little chance of meeting either. smiley - wah
Should my local vicar report that the parish has collect sufficient funds to contemplate buying a smiley - rocket, then I will keep you dually informedsmiley - thepost

God Vs Aliens

Post 90

Cheerful Dragon

"My old rover car is not fit for space travel, at least that’s what they said when it pasted its MOT, then I have little chance of meeting either. smiley - wah
Should my local vicar report that the parish has collect sufficient funds to contemplate buying a rocket , then I will keep you dually informedsmiley - thepost"

There are two typos (I assume) in there that caused me some amusement. I won't make fun of them, though. I have spelling off-days, too.

God Vs Aliens

Post 91

Edward the Bonobo - Gone.

Hmm. When a cult leader starts talking about building spaceships, we should be afraid. Very afraid.

God Vs Aliens

Post 92

God Vs Aliens

Post 93

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

dually informed?

Informed on both counts?

TRiG.smiley - smiley

God Vs Aliens

Post 94

Cheerful Dragon

The car 'pasted' its MOT as well.

Actually, I took 'dually informed' to mean winternights would inform us via Ask H2G2 as well as via smiley - thepost

God Vs Aliens

Post 95

god and aliens are the things that undermind humans

God Vs Aliens

Post 96

as in, they mind us less than they should?

God Vs Aliens

Post 97

no, as in humans making themselves inferior to somthing that they dont no exists

God Vs Aliens

Post 98

I was being a little smiley - tongueincheek as I guessed you meant undermine but it was just a typo smiley - ok

God Vs Aliens

Post 99

Incidentally, humans only ever undermine themselves. Belief in good needn't make any human inferior. Plenty of humans seem to quite like it though... smiley - weird

God Vs Aliens

Post 100

Sorry, *god* not *good*. And aliens, of course.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more