A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Whats on your desk right now?

Post 21

Trin Tragula

*Large crowd looks a bit embarrassed, shuffling, nervous coughing, sorry to have let Kea/Brucie down*

Post 22

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

You can tell I'm not game show host material smiley - biggrin

Post 23

gadarene

New Scientist magazine

Votive candles

sunflower in a can

1950s magazine rack (with Private Eye and Fortean Times in it)

phone

glass bowl

Lamp

Speaker

Fantastic plant (no idea what it's called, but it is very striking)

A plastic iguana

Three plastic ducks

I have just put New Scientist into the 1950s magazine rack.

A box of postcards.

A picture frame with pictures in it.

I also have the sliding keyboard thingy...

Happy Easter!

G

smiley - cool

Post 24

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

A printer, a letter I am answering, ashtray, lighter, a coffee cup, a pad of Post-it notes, speakers for the computer, 3 pens, two mouse mats, an origami pig and heaps of scraps of paper.

Post 25

designmonkey AKA George The Gay Hippo

Coffee cup, ipod, tobacco, lighter, celebrations tin (no chocs in), post-it notes, old catalogues, a roll of company branded stickers...
and a cd by 'superimposers'
DM

Post 26

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

A telephone, seven binders containing various paperwork, a tray with a bit of paperwork in it, a load of paperwork that should be in one of the binders or the tray but is scattered liberally on the desks available surfaces, a jiffy bag containing barcoded labels, a sheet detailing the five noun declensions in Latin, a pouch of tobacco, some filters, a pack of rolling papers, some Polo mints, various Customer Service Guides going back to April 2002, an elastic band, two pens, a stapler and a PC.

Post 27

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Starting from the left at the back, there is a scanner with ADF, on top of which is a printer, on top of which is a speaker for the Hi-fi, on top of which is dust a cigar cutter a biro and a coffee mug. Next to that at the back again, is the left hand speaker for the PC a few hundred yars (or what looks that much ) of various cable, a pair of headphones, a selection of 9mm to 3.55 MM and visa versa adaptor things, a guitar tuner and now looking at the leads again, some of them are not computer releated but guitar related. then at the back is the monitor, then to the right of the monitor (which has a packet of cigars on it and some celephane wrappers from teh cigars I guess) is next to the monitor, the other PC speaker, then the PC tower.
The PC tower is covered in 'stuff' CDs bits of paper, magazines, books, floppy disks, empty cigarette and cigar packets, lighters that probably don't even bluddy work, and other stuff like biros and nail files and things.
In front of the PC tower is a coffee mat which has a ash tray on it, next to that but not on the offee mat is a large coffee mug, then more cigarette and cigar packets, celephane wrappers cigarette lighters and then the ice mat thing and the optical mouse on it, then, roughtly in front of the monitor next to the mouse mat is the keybaord, behind whiche, but before the monitor is some biros and rubbish and stuff and yet another cigarette lighter that probably also doesn't work. To the left of the keyboard is a tile, and on it is a stanley knifee and another cigar cutter smiley - erm next to that is a pile of CDs floppys with another coffee mug and that is all kind of in front of the scanner oh, and theres also a whole bunch of magazines and stuff there, a soundblaster card that came out of the PC a while back when we got the new one, a few USb cables that are kind of half on top of teh scanner, which also has some power supply doobrys on it and some other spare cables that I think came from inside the computer. smiley - erm Its actually fairly tidy on the desk at the moment smiley - erm

Post 28

Lizzbett

I can bore you all with the description of a completely different desk today as I'm at work. And on my work desk is;
Two lever arch files,
Three ring binders,
Eight box files,
Three plastic trays full of miscellaneous paperowork,
A wire tray full of course information sheets,
A plastic intray belonging to a colleague,
Three piles of paperwork,
An ink cartridge for the printer on the next desk,
A plastic bag,
A plastic bottle,
A mug of water,
My computer (with a pink fluffy bird/pen on top of it),
My computer screen,
A rather nice pair of speakers,
A mouse mat and mouse,
A telephone,
A pile of reply paid envelopes,
A calculator,
A fan,
Two staplers (neither of which belong to me),
A sellotape dispenser,
Some scrap paper,
A propelling pencil.

All this equipment to play with and I'm still bored.

Key: Complain about this post