A Conversation for Ask h2g2

I am laughing my a*se off, but I feel guilty... should I?

Post 1

Hoovooloo

http://www.csh.rit.edu/~rage/TLGmedia/anim_pages/anewbunny.htm

H.

Post 2

Deb

Yes you should feel guilty. It's disgraceful, disgusting & just plain wrong.

smiley - laughsmiley - rofl

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 3

BobTheFarmer

F*cking hilarious...

Post 4

GodBen (The Magical Astronomer) - 00000011

smiley - rofl

My face hurts from laughing.

Post 5

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

I didn't really find it that funny - am I missing something? I couldn't figure out what the point was - is it meant to be a satirical statement about certain aspects of youth culture, or is it meant to just be funny in it's own right? I thought it was sick, and if it's also humourous then I'd like to know how it is.

Post 6

I am Donald Sutherland

If you are missing something kea you are not alone. I didn't see anything funny about a string of obscenities interspersed with bleeps.

Donald

Post 7

Mu Beta

Yeah, one more for 'didn't get it' here.

B

Post 8

IctoanAWEWawi

I am assuming you know that Bugs Bunny has been updated to be more in tune with 'today' and todays youth? And that therefore this is a take on that update? Somewhat taking the p out of the concept that bugs bunny needs to be updated?
(much as I hate linking to msnbc, it was the first link that came up!)
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6989380/
"Bugs Bunny and his pals are shown updated for the future. The characters' descendants, Buzz Bunny and the like, will be superhero action figures for a cartoon set in the year 2772."

smiley - laugh yeah, funny!

Post 9

U1222990

Whatever turns you on

Post 10

IctoanAWEWawi

No, no I think getting turned on by Bugs Bunny is quite another thing entirely.
Although apparently Robert Crumb was.
This, I believe, comes under the heading of satire. Although it is entirely possible that I have misconstrued it, if you would be willing to provide your basis for disapproval and rejection of my current understanding?

Post 11

U1222990

What can I say babes ?

Post 12

Trin Tragula

Very funny. Thought that is after reading Ictoan's explanation.

Post 13

U1222990

smiley - bigeyes

Post 14

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

Yeah, Ictoan, that makes sense knowing the context (which is probably not that apparent to many non-Americans). I still find the animation itself sick, but I better understand what is being satirised and can appreciate the humour involved. It doesn't make me laugh my a*se off though mainly because I find someone ranting about f*cking their mother up the a*se with a razor penis overrides any spontaneous laughter response in me.

I do wonder if I had known the context before watching if I would have squirmed slightly less and laughed more. First impressions count.

I'm curious of those who found it funny, how many of you knew the context?

Post 15

I found it slightly funny because of the satire, but I mostly liked it because it was surreal (and had a vauge hint of South Park to it). It's about an "outragous" bunny trying to appeal to teenagers who just find him offensive. And at the end they all go get high. Brilliant.

Post 16

The Groob

In one sense I can see that it would appeal to the Southpark and Bo Selecta sort of fans but I'm secretly hoping it's taking the p*ss out of those people without them realising it.

Post 17

I hope you're not grouping South Park and Bo Selecta fans into one group. I love South Park, but despise Bo Selecta!

Post 18

The Groob

Oh. Sorry. I automatically pool them all in the 'I think that people swearing lots and making toilet references is funny' school.

Post 19

I don't find South Park funny because of the swearing and toilet humour, I find it funny because it's weird and original. If you think that it's popular because of these things then you just don't get the show. My favoutite episode is one where Santa gets shot down over Baghdad (a few months before the Iraq war) and so Jesus has to go in with machine guns and grenades and save Santa. No other show I have ever seen has had the balls to do a show like that.

Post 20

designmonkey AKA George The Gay Hippo

The new look characters,seem a bit cheap and poorly thought out, or is it just me that thinks that?
DM

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more