A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Whats going on with H2G2?

Post 21

DaveBlackeye

WA,

no worries. However, feel free to beat yourself up for being on the wrong side of the debate (i.e. the opposite side to me) smiley - winkeye

Post 22

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

smiley - cheers

Post 23

Baron Grim

smiley - book

Post 24

designmonkey AKA George The Gay Hippo

Hi Boldferret,
Is there a specific place where these 'equally silly people' are hanging out? I'd like to meet 'em.

Thanks to everyone for your comments, I'll be sticking around for a while.
smiley - biggrin
DM

Post 25

RFJS__ - trying to write an unreadable book, finding proofreading tricky

'Is there a specific place where these 'equally silly people' are hanging out? I'd like to meet 'em.'

A516647

Post 26

Teuchter

What I've noticed in my two and a bit years here is that things tend to go in cycles.
Everything will be perfectly calm, perhaps a tad tedious, for several months, then there's a right old stramash which rages for several days or weeks and then everything calms down again.

It takes a while to feel 'at home' here and find your way around - so do persevere because when you do find your niche it's a brilliant place to be.

H2G2 - a perfect blend of silly and serious smiley - smiley

Post 27

I'm still undecided,
Decisions, decisions.
Becoming a thingite sounds good, but the evil army is also tempting.
what to do???
DM

Post 28

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

The Nighthoover cult gets pretty off the wall at times.

A148907

Post 29

Nighthoover!
That reminds me, was Orbitalbob ever heard from again?
I still want to know the secret of Adam!
DM

Post 30

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

>>What I've noticed in my two and a bit years here is that things tend to go in cycles.

Everything will be perfectly calm, perhaps a tad tedious, for several months, then there's a right old stramash which rages for several days or weeks and then everything calms down again.<<

Yes smiley - ok, and the current one is relatively contained compared to some in the past. Others conflicts have tended to generate multiple dedicated threads whereas this conflict has only one (main) one.

Two and a bit years? - we must have joined about the same time Teuchter smiley - smiley

Post 31

Baron Grim

If you want a conflict free zone... Come join us at the Most Boring and Banal thread on h2g2.

No conflict allowed as that might be interesting.

F19585?thread=244117

(just scan a few earlier posts and skip to the end... too much unadulterated boredom and banality can be toxic to the uninitiated.)

You'll know everything 2legs has had for lunch over the last few years.

Key: Complain about this post