A Conversation for Ask h2g2

If you were in a room

Post 101

Charley

Deffinitly. It would probably take a coulpe of hours though. But bear in mind that this is an increibly short time for me to decide to do something, as I am not a decisions person. By other people's standards this would be like walking in the room, briefly glacing at the button, and then pressing it.

If you were in a room

Post 102

Trillian's child

I would have thought we were all so Microsoft-damaged that the only reaction we could possibly expect was a little window opening up saying "Are you sure you really want to press this button".

I'd sit on the floor (on my towel, just in case) and unpack my sanwiches and wait. Sorry, no curiosity here either. At my age, I start getting the feeling I've done it all, seen it all, and don't want any surprises, nasty or not. In other words, nigh on suicidal, what's the point, anyway. ..... Perhaps I will press it after all, what is there to lose?

If you were in a room

Post 103

raven

I would not spoend any time in a completely empty room ( except for a cryptically labelled button ). I would leave. If I could not leave, then the room is some sort of horrible jail, and whoever labelled the button likely does NOT have my interests at heart. Therefore I would press it.

If you were in a room

Post 104

Demon Drawer

WHAT CRUSADER EXPLODED!!!!

Just as he seemed to getting his life together. smiley - sadface Is he alright yet? Should somebody tell his latest conquest?

If you were in a room

Post 105

Metal Chicken

Betcha you'd press it anyway after you'd been alone in the room with it for a day or two.....

If you were in a room

Post 106

Demon Drawer

As I categorically stated early if only Abi had pressed the button, which isn't really a button, and stoppped asking all this hypothetical question, which is just a cover story like I have this friend stories, we wouldn't have gooten poor Crusader into such a state.

If you were in a room

Post 107

Knutski(Researcher 138677)

are you sure he explosed? what about that Idea of his discorpulated molecules?

If you were in a room

Post 108

Demon Drawer

I have no idea.

If you were in a room

Post 109

Knutski(Researcher 138677)

Ive got one.

Press the button again.

If you were in a room

Post 110

J'au-æmne

He's in the user window now... assuming my proxy server isn't playing its usual trick of fobbing me off with a cached version, there may be hope...

If you were in a room

Post 111

Abi

Don't worry we cobbled him back together and took him out for a drink to say "Sorry about that!" and he is looking as good as new! smiley - smiley

If you were in a room

Post 112

J'au-æmne

oh. Good.

If you were in a room

Post 113

Ashley

Not only up and running, but automatic, hydromatic and, with a little luck, pneumatic smiley - smiley

And yes, that was an important part that Peta was going to throw away....

If you were in a room

Post 114

Biggy P (the artist phormerly known as phord)

I think I would firstly wrap a towel around my head and then walk around the room bumping into walls until I finaly hit and depress the button, since I couldn't see what I was doing It would be conciddered an accident (by me anyway) and not just my giving into curiosity.

If you were in a room

Post 115

I'm not really here

I'd just press it straight away. Better to regret the things you do, rather than the things you didn't do.

If you were in a room

Post 116

hartifartblast

Hi_
If there were a door, I would leave. Assuming that absolutely ANYTHING could happen, well, most of those things (at least half) are bad.
Best to leave.
thank you

If you were in a room

Post 117

Abi

Thank you all for your contributions! Please comment on this week's dilemma which is a corker and is over at http://www.h2g2.com/A372737

Thank you smiley - smiley

If you were in a room

Post 118

MUDGUTS

it would be the first thing that i did

If you were in a room

Post 119

Nicc

I'd probably press it after a lot of waiting. I'd be very bored by then and I'll want something to do.

If you were in a room

Post 120

Charley

I often get the urge to turn off my computer after just having finished writing an important essay, and before saving it. I feel this diffiently goes under the eading of "underno cicumsatnces push this button"

Key: Complain about this post