A Conversation for Ask h2g2

If you were in a room

Post 81

Abi

no but there is a nice soft red sofa! smiley - smiley

If you were in a room

Post 82

Demon Drawer

I think the question about the button being red is important. Red is a sign of danger, warning or alert. A blue button would fail to have the same effect.

If you were in a room

Post 83

Abi

what if it was pink?

If you were in a room

Post 84

J'au-æmne

DD would probably press it. smiley - winkeye

Pink is not a scary colour

If you were in a room

Post 85

Is mise Duncan

Is red = danger universal (i.e. inate) or cultural (i.e. learned)? And should this actually be a seperate thread? D'oh, too late...

If you were in a room

Post 86

Metal Chicken

Well if the door is locked behind me and there's nothing there to do except play with the button then I'll just keep pressing it until something interesting happens. And the "do not press this button again" would just inspire me to find out what other messages the software author had written into the program.

If you were in a room

Post 87

Trillian's child

I thought it was C3PO aiming a gun at me. Just goes to show - our nerves are all on edge in this room.

If you were in a room

Post 88

Knutski(Researcher 138677)

No I dont think that i would press the button either. Supposing i recovered from the shock of suddenly appering in a room, containing only a button that said dont press. Then if i adjusted, id just wait for a while until spontaneously i re appeared on the out side again. any way due to the uncertainty principle, its possible that you could get out of the room without needing doors. Perhaps even by making an improbability generator.

If you were in a room

Post 89

Abi

Well thank you everyone for your comments - I will be posting another moral dilemma on Friday and would appreciate your views?

If you were in a room

Post 90

J'au-æmne

Why not set up an entry- Moral Dillemma of the Week?

If you were in a room

Post 91

Abi

That is exactly what I am planning! smiley - smiley But to keep it in line with modern pop culture it will probably end up being called Ethics uncovered or something!

If you were in a room

Post 92

J'au-æmne

*ducks for cover*

Nooo not ethics... omg the amount of people doing ethics exams around me in the last few weeks is giving me a phobia of the word...

did you press or not press the button yet?

If you were in a room

Post 93

Abi

yes I did!

If you were in a room

Post 94

Mustapha

And quite obviously, you're still alive and ticking.

Or perhaps, your discorporated molecules are still working together in their newly-liberated form. Maybe *all* our discorporated molecules are doing this, and our atomised brains are automatically re-ordering this new information into the illusion of "nothing happening" to stop us all from going insane...

If you were in a room

Post 95

Abi

Actually it was very interesting because nothing happened in the room itself but back in the Editorial room Crusader exploded! smiley - bigeyes

If you were in a room

Post 96

J'au-æmne

Thats a shame... smiley - sadface

If you were in a room

Post 97

Abi

Yes but we are in the process of putting him back together again
*Shouts over shoulder "No save that bit Peta - I am sure that it is something important"*

If you were in a room

Post 98

J'au-æmne

Good. I'm sure you should talk to the h2g2 medical team too, get them to help...smiley - bigeyes

If you were in a room

Post 99

Abi

As soon as he is back together again we will let you know!

If you were in a room

Post 100

Mustapha

Crusader exploded? How terribly embarrassing! (For him, naturally)

After you've cobbled him back together, what do you think you'll do with the leftover bits? (And there usually are)

Key: Complain about this post