A Conversation for Ask h2g2

amazing story

Post 1

Mr Jester, CEO of the bored

http://www.wweek.com/story.php?story=5307

You gotta be careful. You have to admit, it was a good con. I've always had a healthy respect for the con artist, because the con is really the only intellectual crime. Anybody can put a gun to your head and make you give them your money, but it takes a person of intellegence to make you give up your money without force, and futhermore, make you want to do it.

amazing story

Post 2

Spaceechik, Typomancer

Hmmm...

I go to SF cons occasionally (once a year, I go to LosCon in November) and I do meet people who could have been described in that article. I also have friends who're on LiveJournal (haven't been interested, myself).

There is definitely an obsessional angle there. Don't know if they would fall under the category of true con artists (or they'd have been much better at it!) but people trying on wishful thinking as a way of life. smiley - erm

SC

amazing story

Post 3

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

Yes, this is an amazing, weird story - and a bit sad, too. Fandom can be fun!smiley - magic

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more