A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Ahemahemahem! I have an announcement!

Post 1

The Traveller

Ladies and... non-ladies...

Let it be known in this place ond on this date that the submitted article on Renaissance Faires writen by one 'The Traveller' (which can be found at http://www.h2g2.com/A172946) has now gone unseen by any editor, sub-editor, community editor, or janitor (dustman) at h2g2.com for...

drumroll please...

twenty-six weeks!

That's right, haberdashers and polo-pony jockeys! Six months! One half of a year! One hundred and eighty days!

I'm so proud. I'd like to thank my mother, my ISP, and God.

On second thought, scratch that last one.

So let the celebrations commence!

The Traveller
ISO-9001 Certified

Post 2

The Traveller

Twenty-seven weeks now...

Post 3

The Traveller

...aaaaaaand twenty-eight weeks.

I wonder how long it will take? Will I die before my entry is reviewed? Will mine be the first post-humous (sp?) approved entry?

Post 4

Ioreth (on hiatus)

Well, I'm no subbie, but I did read it - about ten weeks ago. I think I'll even go leave a comment.

But did you ever press the *submit* button?

Post 5

Siguy

You know I always wanted to sit down and just write one concise entry so I could submit it and get it approved but annoyance and horror stories like these are always keeping me from doing it.

Post 6

Siguy

You know I always wanted to sit down and just write one concise entry so I could submit it and get it approved but procrastination and horror stories like these are always keeping me from doing it.

Post 7

Siguy

(SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST, WHICH IS NOW TRIPLE POST I GUESS IF YOU COUNT THIS ONE.)

Post 8

The Traveller

Heh, heh, heh. That WOULD be pretty funny, wouldn't it? If I had been waiting this whole time, and it turned out I never actually submitted it in the first place?

Hold on a minute.

(Checks his "my home" page...)

Yup, it still has a little (submitted) notation next to it.

I'm not even bothered by this in the slightest anymore. I am actually very entertained by this. It's vaguely reminiscient of the tales of H2G2 editors that you read in the "5-book trilogy". Makes me wonder if the editor in charge of my entry is just out for lunch, and will return any time now to put in a good solid afternoon of work...

Only time will tell...

The Traveller
ISO-9001 Certified

Post 9

Siguy

Maybe you should contact the editors because I have heard a tale on one site about how he contacted the editors and they discovered his entry had become lost in the system.

Post 10

The Traveller

I have actually spoken to Peta (I'm pretty sure she's an editor) a number of times. She (he?) keeps telling me to be patient, and that my entry will be reviewed in turn.

Peta also keeps telling me that my entry is at the top of the queue. That would seem to indicate that an editor is looking at my entry right now, wouldn't it?

I'm not too sure that that is the case.

But like I said, I'm more entertained by waiting to see how long this will take than I ever could be by seeing my entry approved.

The Traveller
ISO-9001 Certified

Post 11

james007

Mine from 30 weeks ago was rejected a few days ago (probably rightly) so, er, there.

Post 12

The Traveller

Wow. That's impressive. I had no idea that anyone has had to wait as long as I have.

Congratulations on your rejection!

Post 13

james007

It was a turning point in my life.

(But I did get a little bit accepted in the guide to Liverpool.)

Post 14

Ioreth (on hiatus)

My only approved entry so far is one of the Words of the Day, and article for which I share credit with several hundred others.

BUT - I was talking to Mr. Cynic yesterday and he was subbing several of my articles - one submitted twelve weeks ago, and one EIGHT weeks ago. Wow...

Post 15

Alon (aka Mr.Cynic)

What a strange coincidence that I stumbled across this forum. I didn't expect to find anything interesting and suddenly I see my name. Well, I currently have one entry approved. A sub-ed (Smiley Ben) edited (and approved) another two entries of mine over three weeks ago yet they still haven't been dealt with by the editorial staff. Now I've sent in two of my batches and the third is nearly ready to go yet none of them have been approved yet. I'm finding the editorial process all rather slow and dissatisfying smiley - winkeye.

Post 16

Researcher 99947

Yes, the queue is being ticked away, slowly but surely smiley - winkeye

Post 17

Ioreth (on hiatus)

I've noticed that... it's satisfying to think that in a few short weeks I will have an approved article...

Post 18

Alon (aka Mr.Cynic)

It may be more than a few short weeks - I'm still to finish my batch and after that it takes ages for the paid staff to get to it.

Post 19

The Traveller

Given that my article was submitted twenty-eight weeks ago, I think I agree. Maybe someone who is an editor of a sub-editor or an ACE can tell me who might be in charge of my entry? Or maybe an ACE has already looked at it, but neglected to tell me?

If none of these things are possible, then that's fine.

The Traveller
ISO-9001 Certified

Post 20

Alon (aka Mr.Cynic)

ACE = Assistant Community Editor = nothing to do with editing smiley - smiley.
Sub-ed = Sub-Editor = edit the submitted entries and send the off to:
The Editorial staff = the team that make the final decision.
Community Editor = Peta (U24) = very helpful - she's the one to approach with such a delay.

Your entry should have been seen to by know by a sub-ed. The sub-ed might be holding a batch back though. It is an unusually long delay though. Try bugging Peta again. If nothing gets done I'll bug her for you smiley - smiley.

Key: Complain about this post