A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Is God omnipotent...

Post 81

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

There are a few things that have survived the great knowledge purge known as the Dark Ages. From ancient Sumerian, Babylonian, and Egyptian works we can see where the myths came from. Then there's the Dead Sea Scrolls, which have the benefit of having avoided Christians until their discovery in 1945, and one can only hope that nothing valuable was destroyed during the 40 year reign of silence during which they controlled them. And of course, the Torah is basically the Old Testament, and can be used for comparisons.

Is God omnipotent...

Post 82

GOD

Alright, I'm taking names...not that I have to take names mind (being so very, very er...Omnipotent!)

* a rather impressive light & thunder display insues *

No, I'm sorry I haven't got a sense of humour (Well, not that I can remember...?). You'll will just have to make advanced travel plans South - as it were. I wouldn't worry to much, they say it's quite warm this time of year. Well any time of year really...

smiley - fish

Is God omnipotent...

Post 83

alicat (Patron Saint of Good Taste)

Being in the middle of our Canadian winter, a trip south almost sounds inviting. Don't think I'd like the locals, though.smiley - winkeye

Is God omnipotent...

Post 84

Bald Bloke

So that makes the Aussies Kiwi's and Penguins the chosen people does it?

Is God omnipotent...

Post 85

Linus...42, i guess that makes me the answer...

I'm not sure about that. Its pretty warm down here at the moment !!!

BTW did anyone else notice that GOD almighty a few entries ago can't spell or use punctuation correctly. It's a bit of a worry....

Key: Complain about this post