A Conversation for Ask h2g2

About the disabled

Post 41

nialp,linah

hi,STRANGELY STRANGE
thank you.As I describe in my "about me",I'm driven by a desire to learn. Nothing can stop me except myself. So myself is the real and only enemy I have.
But I am also afraid of upseting anyone. For example, from the Chirs's words, I doult if I made him angry.If so, it let me even feel guilty. So sometimes feel rather frustrated.smiley - erm

About the disabled

Post 42

azahar

To me it's not an important issue, SS. 'Disabled people' and 'people with a disability' pretty much sounds the same to me.

Possibly a bit unfair to impose native linguistic nuances on someone who is doing a hell of a good job speaking here even though English is not their first language. smiley - ok

az

About the disabled

Post 43

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

az, I think "impose" is a bit unfair, I was helping with language in a way that was asked. "People with disablities" is I believe a term that was originally thought of by people with disabilities themselves, for want of a better term.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more