A Conversation for Ask h2g2

My clothes are blue!

Post 1

Silas Eybin

Whilst unloading the washing machine this morning I discovered to my immense irritation that a cheap bootleg blue T shirt had shed blobby blue patterns onto several white t-shirts of mine, making them look like Blue Peter tie-dying experiments. To make matters worse, both of the newly decorated shirts have sleeves that are a different colour to the body, so I can't put it in on white wash at about 1000 degrees, or they'll be pink as well. Is there anything I can do short of buying new shirts or looking stupid?

My clothes are blue!

Post 2

DelphicOracle

There definitely is a specific product you can get that removes the stains you get when the blue underpants infiltrate the white wash. Not Vanish, but something similar. Is it one of the Stain Devil products? Might be. Well, unfortunately I can't remember the name of it. My mother would know, but she's not here. smiley - smiley

All I can suggest is asking in your local supermarket...

My clothes are blue!

Post 3

Cheerful Dragon

I did once hear of a product called 'Dygon' (I think it's made by Dylon, so it might be in with the dyes). I can't remember whether this gets rid of all dye out of clothes, or just the unwanted bits, like you want it to, so check before buying.

My clothes are blue!

Post 4

Silas Eybin

I have now discovered there is indeed stuff you can get to take unwanted colour out of clothes ....as the clothes are already two tone I had to get the non-bleach one. I don't know if this means the non-effective one as I haven't got round to using it yet.

My clothes are blue!

Post 5

Superkath

Is this yet another joke from the Sock Monster?
(See: Dissapearing Socks.)

My clothes are blue!

Post 6

Silas Eybin

The sock monster ...I have an idea I know what that is ...I'm sure there's one in the washing machine here. Also, while I'm blaming my disorganisation on ficticious spirits, my house has a plague of Bogles. These are irritating spirits which lurk just past the borders of visibility, and take delight in hiding things that split second before you want them. Signs of Bogle infestation can be distinguished from normal losing by the following signs. If you lose something to a Bogle, you are most likely to find it while looking for the next thing you've lost, some time later. By this time the bogle has a new toy and is bored with the original lost item, which you almost certainly don't need anymore. Also ...if you spend ages looking for something, sit down in frustration for a cup of tea, and the item will often be found somewhere in full view nearby. Bogles are michevious but not wicked, if they sense you are worn out and upset they usually give things back. For this reason it is possible to get things back by asking for them in a firm tone of voice ..making it clear that you know what's going on and are not impressed. Bogles nowadays think humans are far too closeminded to address them directly, although be careful if there are people who don't know you well about.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more