A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Problems

Post 1

vampiressprincess

I've been taking these nature's way period pain and PMS support tablets for some time now and it has been seeming like lately they aren't working properly for me, is there something wrong with them or has my body got used to the ingredients of it so it's not going to take effect on me anymore... please help me out here, it feels like my pains are getting worser and worser every time i get them.

Problems

Post 2

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Hello Vampire Princess,

I am going to ask for this question to be moved into <./>Askh2g2</.>, where I am sure many others will come along and chat with you about your problem smiley - smiley

In the meantime, I have left you a message in your Personal Space, to help you find your way more easily around h2g2.

lil xx
smiley - magic

Thread Moved

Post 3

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Talking About the Guide - the h2g2 Community' to 'Ask the h2g2 Community'.

Problems

Post 4

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

Hi, clearly I don't know about the exact subject, but it is possible that the tablets are becoming ineffective.
But as with all things , if the symptoms are worsening, it maybe worth a doctors visit just in case.

Problems

Post 5

Rains - Wondering where time's going and why it's in so much of a hurry!

smiley - hug Hi vampireprincess, welcome to h2g2.

I've tried a number of different supplements to try and ease my PMS, and none seemed to work consistently smiley - erm. All I can suggest is to make sure you eat a well-balanced diet and to rest when you feel tired. It may be for you that a combination of supplements may work better than a single one; although I never found anything that worked 100%.

Bad PMS runs in my family, so it might be worth a chat to your mum to see what she's done in the past.

When I get period pains, the best thing I've found are tablets called Feminax - they have an chemical to ease the cramps off as well as paracetamol to get rid of the pain. I still have days when the only thing that gets rid of the pain is a hot water bottle, though.

If it really is getting drastically worse, I'd echo Strangely Strange's advice to go and see your GP.

Problems

Post 6

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

Yep, a hot water bottle is what my ex-wife used.
I remember one really bad day when she had to go to bed and I was holding her hand the pain was so bad.
..... bad period pain is much underestimated by some.

Problems

Post 7

Lady in a tree

Go to your GP. Get it checked out and don't let them fob you off with "it's what women have to put up with"

In 1993 I was eventually diagnosed as having endometriosis (having already endured 15 years of pain) only after it became almost life threatening - I had a cyst which was on the verge of rupturing. I was told for years by doctors that bad period pains and heavy periods were just "one of those things".

It is not. We shouldn't have to put up with the pain. You could have any number of treatable disorders. Endometriosis, Fibroids, Polycystic Ovaries, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease to name but a few.

However, smiley - dontpanic most women have nothing at all wrong but the PMS in itself is treatable with diet and lifestyle.

See your GP

smiley - ok

Problems

Post 8

colofthedead

"it's what women have to put up with"

do doctors actually say that? that's a bit mad!

Problems

Post 9

Serephina

Doctors, especially male doctors can be extremely unsympathetic unfortunatly. See your GP as others have said, if it's not usual for you its not right. With pms I find sex helps no end! seriously it must be the endorphins or something..

Problems

Post 10

madbeachcomber

Calcium supliments can help, can't remember whysmiley - erm but I read it and tried it and it works well for me. You have my sympathy, off and on for many years I suffered from pains, which I now know, were as bad as labour pains. Only lasted half an hour tho, v odd, could time them almost to the minutesmiley - erm. Now the pain is less but spread over 3 days smiley - sadface

Key: Complain about this post