A Conversation for Ask h2g2

don't tell me off but ...

Post 1

Rebel

this is the only place I could find to ask this question

you see I did a silly thing ... I wrote a bit in/on my journal... started to send it ... realised I hadn't given it a title ... stopped it ... added a title sent it again ... the title blanked ... so I stopped it again ... carefully added the title and sent it.

When I looked at my page it was there three times ... twice without a title and once with ... 'oh ooops' I thought and spent a very frustrating half an hour trying to discover how to delete stuff from my journal ... to find that I can't.

Now I know that the kind of people that inhabit the guide are far too polite to draw attention to my mistake but I was wondering if somebody at h2g2 could find the rubber/eraser and just rub out the mistakes for me.

I would be very grateful and it may delay people discovering that I am the kind of person that trips over my own feet and if a glass of water is going to be knocked over I am your man. At the moment only my mother knows that for sure.

And if this the wrong place to post a message like this I apologise ... but like driving we all had to learn sometime !!

Post 2

Bruce

Did you know that you can also perform this feat (repeat postings) by hitting the back button, editting & hitting the submit button. I know, I've done it - more than once.

I think you might have to put up with those duplicates until they get around to developing a 'delete' button for journals - but it might be a while.

;^)#

Post 3

Rebel

right well that's something else to avoid doing
you live and learn

if nothing else it has made stop and think before i send anything
i guess if we all learn to do that then there is no need for a delete button

except that i will always live with my glaring errors

ho hum

Post 4

Bruce

Its one of the great truths of the www that no matter how carefully you think you've checked something, an error will become apparent just after you've hit the submit button. smiley - winkeye

This is especially true when there is no way to change it once its submitted.

;^)#

Post 5

a visitor to planet earth

very true

Post 6

BobTheFarmer

Don't you have the option... 'Click here to remove this journal entry from your space.' which doesnt delete it but puts it into limbo...

Post 7

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

smiley - sorry Bob you've been caught out by the smiley - aliensmile visitor. smiley - groan that was posted in 1999, the last post from Rebel.

smiley - aliensmile visitor has this strange facination with re-incarnating old threads. I think he's the one that needs telling off, Michael pack it in! smiley - grr That was a bit lame,smiley - doh mentioning no names. (I made that mistake before) a friend of yours would know just how to sort him out. smiley - laugh

Emmily (Pain in the smiley - bleep
smiley - rose

Post 8

BobTheFarmer

I did realise that just after I posted. Dammit...

smiley - fullmoon

Post 9

IctoanAWEWawi

thereby proving post #4 ! smiley - smiley

Post 10

Beatrice

Hands up who all has been and had a read at Rebel's journal anyway, just to see what all the fuss was aboutsmiley - blush

Post 11

weegie

smiley - sheep ... just cos you told me to luckystar smiley - winkeye

Post 12

BobTheFarmer

I only did after she posted that... I can't see what was so bad though...

Post 13

Beatrice

What? Where's your natural curiousity, guys!

I'm always going off on paper smiley - erm chases, lurking in journals, zapping through other researchers convo threadssmiley - smiley

Post 14

Mu Beta

You've evidently got a much swifter connection than I have, then.smiley - sadface

B

Post 15

Captain_SpankMunki [Keeper & Former ACE] Thanking <Diety of choice> for the joy of Goo.

How is the paper-cup/string 'net connection going B?

I've managed to loose your CV and with your CV, can you resend your address and I'll get that sound card off to you.

Liam.

Post 16

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

Who's she Bob?

Emmily
smiley - rose

Post 17

Mu Beta

I'd give my right arm for a paper-cup/string connection. I think my server is currently nothing more than a gentleman with a morse tapper.smiley - cross

Hmmm...I think I may have lost your email address as well. Hang on...

smiley - run

B

Post 18

Beatrice

I think I might be she, or she is me, or something.....

Post 19

Men! smiley - huh they expect us to be mind readers. smiley - groan

Emmily
smiley - rose

Post 20

Mu Beta

And we are all together

I am the eggman

We are the eggmen

I am the walrus

Goo-goo-g'joob

B