A Conversation for Ask h2g2

how do i find bureacracy on CD-rom

Post 1

Rebel

here's the thing ... many years ago i purchased the game ...loved it ...got stuck ...got very stuck ... wife and i couldn't solve it ... put it away ... moved house and the game hid itself for a long time ... while browsing around the web one day i found a solution ... i was so happy ...i couldn't remember where i had got stuck ... i searched for the game ...i found the game ... with trembling hands i opened the box to finally solve the game ... only to find the damn thing was on five and a half inch floppy disk ... (for young people they were the computer equivalant of vinyl records) ... frustrating is not the word ... i would even pay for it all over again ... anybody ? ...hello ? ... oh well it was worth a try smiley - smiley

how do i find bureaucracy on CD-rom

Post 2

Kate

Getting the game on its own is a bit tricky, but you can find it on 3.5" floppies and/or CD-ROM in some Infocom collections:

-Classic Text Adventure Masterpieces collection (I think this one is CD-ROM and floppy)
-The Comedy Collection (3.5" floppies)

I find that the best way to get anything from Infocom is to go to http://www.ebay.com/ and search using the term "Infocom." Right now they have both the above collections listed several times.

Post 3

Rebel

good grief you know everything there is to know about anything ! I will follow your directions and see what happens. A little chunk of my brain is now calm and content. This has bothered me for years and now I can turn my mind to something important. I shall nominate you for an Oscar, there may not be a category for such an event but it's nice to be nominated smiley - smiley

Post 4

Kate

Why thanks! I'll start building a shelf to put my Oscar on. Mom will be so proud! smiley - smiley

How did you find bureaucracy on CD-rom?

Post 5

Baryonic Being - save GuideML out of a word-processor: A7720562

It has been approximately 1 499 days since somebody posted to this discussion - this is about 35 976 hours, or 129 513 600 seconds. This number is larger than the total population of Bangladesh. At the time of the last post, Baryonic Being was preparing to go to Austria and Kate was preparing for her Oscar. I just thought I would resurrect the conversation to the twenty-first century.

I happen to think you may be able to download that game from the Infocom FTP pages now.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more