A Conversation for Ask h2g2

childishness

Post 1

Haylle (Nyssabird) ? mg to recovery

I was making my cocoa and realized how much I still love to put too much of the powder in, so I can eat it off the top with a spoon! *giggle* What's your favorite childishness that you haven't given up?

childishness

Post 2

Researcher 177704

I still eat Mars bars with a knife and fork smiley - smiley

smiley - rocket

childishness

Post 3

NickyX__Mistress of Procrastination

i still snuggle up to my teddy when my boyfriend isn't sleeping at mine

childishness

Post 4

LOL..I also still am governed by the '5 second rule.'

childishness

Post 5

Mu Beta

My Nan used to make up little tubs of cocoa powder mixed with hundreds-and-thousands andground ginger. Lick a finger, dab it in - fantastic. She was a genius with food.

B

childishness

Post 6

Ahhh..sounds divine. I'm still a Pixie Dust Crackhead as well. smiley - smileysmiley - magic

childishness

Post 7

Mu Beta

I went off it a while ago, actually.

I've had an aversion to chocolate generally for about 6-7 years.

Drifting off the thread slightly, my Nan's other brilliant creation was garlic cheese. What you do is crumble a large lump of Cheshire or Wensleydale (but not the good stuff from Hawes - don't say that out loud) into a bowl and add a crushed clove of garlic and a large hadnful of chopped parsley. Then you eat it much as you would a pate. Delicious. smiley - smiley

B

childishness

Post 8

*tries to imagine life with a Nan*

*thought strikes her in the face*

*tries to imagine her current life with kids with a Nan*

Oh God! Is this still common practice?? Oh the things I would do if I had a live-in babysitter!

childishness

Post 9

GreyDesk

*wonders what is so childish about cuddling one's teddybear smiley - erm*

childishness

Post 10

Mu Beta

Ah, Pond intervention. I was talking British:

Nan=Grandmother

B

childishness

Post 11

Oh..lol..I guess I had the image of Nana the nanny dog in Peter Pan emblazoned in my head.

childishness

Post 12

Apparition™ (Mourning Empty the best uncle anyone could wish for)

smiley - laugh I was wondering what Nyssabird was on about. Nan = Grandmother here too. Is it childish that I still call her Nan?

childishness

Post 13

psychocandy-moderation team leader

I jut realized, while I was out this morning getting the paper, that to this day, I am unable to walk past a puddle on the sidewalk without jumping and splashing in it.

childishness

Post 14

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Blowing up a paper bag and popping it smiley - yikes
Riding my bike through a puddle with my feet up smiley - biggrin

childishness

Post 15

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

because of my diabetes I went from sweettooth to not-a-lot-sweet*, but i love walking by sweet department of shop. only once in the past 6 yrs I bought something.

* about 5 - 10% of my previous sweettooth nobody can beat out of me. hey I want to life.

childishness

Post 16

Kaz

Moonglum sometimes tries not to walk on the cracks in the pavement, so I try to push him over a lot1

childishness

Post 17

Phucorlea

LEGO! I love lego, especially the space stuff. Got very excited about the Star Wars range smiley - biggrin

childishness

Post 18

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

Phucorlea,
are you member of the Blockheads - H2G2Lego A511985

childishness

Post 19

Mina

Oh lots of things. Not least drinking a hot blackcurrant drink(although it's a herbal teabag now)after I've got in from the rain. Just like my Nan used to make. And yes, I still call her Nan, even though I am 32. smiley - smiley

childishness

Post 20

Orcus

I did a 'Pinch Punch, first day of the month' yesterday smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post