A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Picture

Post 1

Bard's Apprentice

Where can I find a picture of the cover of the Guide? You know, from the show. I think I need to see something like that pretty much everyday (I work in the computer support industry).

Picture

Post 2

Icarus

You mean the "Don't Panic"?

Picture

Post 3

Bard's Apprentice

The very same, yes.

Picture

Post 4

Icarus

Do you require an actual picture, or do you just want the words "Don't Panic" done in a similar style? If it's the latter as opposed to the former, I think I may be able to do that for you.

Picture

Post 5

Icarus

Er... I just saw your "Cover of the Guide" post. Do I take this to mean you were hoping for it in some sort of expedient fashion and that you are now upset with my intellectual density?

Picture

Post 6

Bard's Apprentice

Nay, nay, good sir. I was only thinking that with a subject like Picture, most people would say, "Wow! That guy must be so far out and hip, I'm not even going to bother replying to that post for fear I'll look like a fool! Maybe I'll try this other one with the subject Cover of the Guide. I might be able to pull it off in there." But you stepped up to the challenge, and have passed with flying colors.

I'd love to get a picture of the original, but if that's unavailable (and it just may be), then a reasonable facsimile would, of course, do the trick.

Thank you.

Picture

Post 7

Icarus

I shall see what I can do. I fear the only thing people will find is pixelly GIFs that look horrible. How big do you want it?

Picture

Post 8

Bard's Apprentice

I found a picture from the show, but I'm not sure if that's quite what I was looking for. I want it to go on the cover of my Palm Pilot, so maybe 3 X 5, or 5 X 7 and then I could shrink to fit. Maybe I should just wait until I see the show again. I certainly thank you for your generosity. If I figure out that what I want isn't the original, I'll let you know. If that's okay, I don't want to be presuptuous (I don't think I spelled that right, but who cares?).

Picture

Post 9

Buffalo Chips

i knew i had seen one a while back, but i don't think it's the original, but it may serve it's purpose...
http://www.vogon.com/guide/

you can look around here...
good luck

Picture

Post 10

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Ooh, this conversation's been around almost as long as I have! smiley - biggrin

It's worth following the link for the "Get Netscape 3 Now!" button at the bottom next to a paragraph which reads: "The HHGttG relies on advanced browser technologies available only from Netscape. MISE simply doesn't have enough power." smiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post