A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Whats the weather doing where you are?

Post 4181

Reality Manipulator

Weather from South Ockendon, Essex 12 February 2008 20:05

It started off cloudy and misty but not as bad as yesterday. It cleared up by 13:00 and the sun came out and there were plenty of sunshine and partly cloudy skies throughout the rest of the day. The temperature was 13° during the day. The temperature is now 6°C and it is very cloudy. The weather forecast says it's foggy but it is not. The wind speed now is now 6 mph E.

Post 4182

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

hi all
-
its been a good few days here, sunny and dry, still a cold wind when the sun goes in
-
its now 11-20pm, on wednesday,the 13th feb, in bradford uk, 2008 smiley - dragon jim

Post 4183

Anoldgreymoonraker Free Tibet

Nara Japan,4pm Although it's been dry here since saturdays snow we are now into the coldest part of the season, again today about 4c max a piece of my daughters snowman is still on the grass outside and the ice I broke on a bucket of water yesterday is still showing as broken and refrozen today , The wind has been bitter all this week, next month should be quite mild and is usually dry too in fact most of the winter here is dry this end of the country but go above Tokyo and you soon get into snow country .

Post 4184

Reality Manipulator

Weather from South Ockendon, Essex 14 February 2008 21:05

Cold, damp, cloudy and miserable. The temperature during the day was 7°C and it is now 5°C. It was forecasted to be sunny but the sun never came out. Wind speeds are 16 mph NE.

Post 4185

anhaga

some may remember that I posted about two weeks ago when our temperature was -54 C with the windchill. It was sunny then.

a few days ago it was still hanging around at about -20 C, without considering windchill.

Today it was also sunny. It's evening now and the temperature on the little thermometer outside my window says +7 C.smiley - smiley

This rapid variation is pretty typical for winter around here.

Post 4186

Reality Manipulator

Weather from South Ockendon, Essex 16 February 2008 18:11

It was sunny yesterday after a very slow start. It did not improve until after lunch time as bright spells became sunny spells and the clouds dispersed.

Today there has been no cloud and plenty of sunshine. It has been very cold even with the sun. The temperature during the day was 4° and now it is 1°C but it feels like -1°C. Wind speeds are 3 mph ENE.

Post 4187

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Nice sun out here too, earlier, in Cambridge, but its really getting cold now smiley - brr Mind, felt cold outside earlier even with the sun as the wind was up a bit and the temp I think is going to mean a hard frost again tonight smiley - brr

Post 4188

Nara Japan 1.00 pm at about 10,00am read this thread n looked out the window and thought this could be Essex then went outside and noticed ice still on the water bucket, (old fish water ) then just before lunch time 12 noticed it was trying to snow again. did a quick bit of shopping and now 1.10 pm it's snowing quite heavily and settling.Third sunday in a row we've had snow , with dry weekdays ,can't win really smiley - sadface

Post 4189

sirmoonshine7

The past few days have been cold n sunny cant belive it is only a few weeks till spring is here brrrrr .

Post 4190

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

hi all
-
been busy sorting the house out, beading tiling and things.
-
its a nice sunny day at the momnet, there as been a light frost overnight, but thats all but gone now.
-
its now 9-35am, on sunday,the 17th feb, in bradford uk,2008 smiley - dragon jim

Post 4191

Reality Manipulator

Weather from South Ockendon, Essex 1 February 2008 17:49

It started off frosty this morning and lasted until noon. Plenty of sunshine and clear skies. The temperature has been 7° and now it is 4°C. It is going to be -3° tonight.

Post 4192

Nara Japan 1.15 pm Yesterdays snow went away quite quickly this time ,today is about 8c max but a cold wind is blowing in from China , should soon get the yellow sky (sand) blowing in from there too. smiley - winkeye

Post 4193

Phil

Manchester, UK, 9am
Bright blue sky and sunshine. Temperature somewhere around the freezing mark as I make my way from the train station to the office.

Post 4194

Keith Miller yes that Keith Miller

Temp is a coldish 25c so more than a sheet needed tonight brrrr. smiley - brr
Heavy rain at the moment here in the sub tropics.
While not freezing like in Man City it is still really, really cold for this time of the year.
Roll on Saturday and a yummy 34c predicted smiley - surfer

Post 4195

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Currently 15.5°F/ -9.2°C, partly cloudy with a bit of sunshine peeking through at times, and a bit breezy (11-17 mph, wind chill -16°C). Not bad for a February afternoon. But it's supposedly be almost balmy toward the weekend. smiley - biggrin

Post 4196

<<<>> smiley - brrsmiley - rolleyes

Post 4197

Reality Manipulator

Weather from South Ockendon, Essex 18 February 2008 13:19

It started off frosty this morning, sunny until 11:00 when the fog came down, slowly it cleared around 14:30 when the sun came out. It is now foggy again. The temperature has been 8° and now it is 4°C. It is going to be -2° tonight.

Post 4198

sirmoonshine7

sunny cold in falkirk but at least the nights are getting lighter .

Post 4199

sirmoonshine7

16 c i wish but its still winter here 16 is poor for summer in aussie .

Post 4200

No I'm commenting on a post above me which mentions (*minus*) "-16c wind chill factor" and that's not here in OZ.

It is currently summer here and it is a very cool summer at that, maximum today was a very bracing 27c, soon to be replaced by a more conventional 34 c on the weekendsmiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more