A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Whats the weather doing where you are?

Post 4141

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Much warmer today- was -19°C last night, with wind chills around -34°C. This afternoon it's up to -14°C and a wind chill around 0°. We had a little snow last night too. I actually needed my winter coat, gloves, and a scarf today- only the second time this year.

Post 4142

Reality Manipulator

Weather in South Ockendon, Essex 30 January 2007 19:05

Partly cloudy skies with good deal of sunshine, the temperatures have been 5°C during the day. Wind speeds have been 7 mph W.

Post 4143

Reality Manipulator

Weather in South Ockendon, Essex 31 January 2007 14:35

During the morning until lunch time light to moderate rain. Rain started to ease from 1 pm. It also has been quite blustery. Temperatures are 7°C but it feels more like 3°C with the wind. The wind speeds are 19 mph W.

Post 4144

miz

We've had a bit of snow already, and it's very windy and cold. So not a good day here in South Yorkshire.

Post 4145

NorthernGal

Miz-www:

cold is relative. Look at the post by Anhaga earlier in the week. They are posting from Canada, where they can tell you about cold. The temps in the Yukon are unbelievably cold.

We are getting a blast of the Alberta Clipper in my state, but not quite as bad as what is way north.

If you are above -17C/1F consider yourself lucky.

Post 4146

NorthernGal, I thought I read that you're from Minnesota, am I right? My company has some facilities up there- was it not so bad earlier this week and then freaking freezing Tuesday through today? It's been a bit chilly here, but nothing like up there. It's a toasty -6°C here today- didn't even need a winter jacket this morning. smiley - biggrin

Post 4147

NorthernGal

psychocandy,

Yes, indeed. We are currently in a cold snap. We hardy native Minnesotans laugh at all the newcomers and their complaining. We always say it keeps the riff-raff away.

We had a warm day on Tuesday, well above freezing, then dropped by 50 degrees the next day and into the artic weather. The meteorologists keep promising the worst is behind us, but that is what they said before this present cold spell. Unfortunately, the snow keeps staying just south of us. Flurries this morning, but not much accumulation.

"No winter jacket this morning". I am envious.

Post 4148

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

weather well wet and miserable then cleared up then threw it down among dark skies

Post 4149

Well, it was only 13° F when I left the house this morning, but I wear a medium-weight jacket for those days. I save my winter coat for sub-zero stuff. I'm truly warm-blooded and the cold doesn't faze me much when it's above zero. smiley - winkeye

They're saying we'll see 3-6 inches of snow between now and Saturday here in Chicago. I hope you don't get buried.

After the few 50°+ days we've had this January, I've contemplated relocating to Minnesota myself... but now I'm not so sure!

Post 4150

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

hi all
-
its now 7pm, and we are having a right blow at the time, and tomz we can expect the first really snowfall, or so the wether person said lol.
-
on the last day of jan,in bradford uk, 2008 smiley - dragon jim

Post 4151

miz

Northerngal ok so it's cold over there at least you get hot weather in the summer! My partners family live in New York we visit often both in summer and winter I've walked around Manhattan at new year in just jeans and t-shirt, the next day it's -6 and even colder. But in the summer we're out on Long Island at the beach. Here in England we just get floods ect.

Post 4152

Ballynac

Hi from London on this wonderful Friday morning. It's February 1st - January is finally over - was that the longest month ever or what!!!

In London this morning, it's a nippy 2-3c, bright and clear with a few scattered clouds in the sky. The "big freeze" and "gales" that were being threatened all over the UK seem to have avoided London for the most part - so far at least.

Bon weekend!

Post 4153

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

bright with blue sky

Post 4154

shagbark

Heavy snow in the Great lakes Region of America.

Post 4155

Only a foot so far in Chicago, though it's blowing around quite a bit, making it difficult to see to get around.

Post 4156

Reality Manipulator

Weather in South Ockendon, Essex 1 February 2008 14:35

There are very few clouds and what clouds there are very few and far between. There is plenty of blue skies and lots of sunshine. A bit on the chilly side and sometimes a bit breezy. The temperatur is now 5° but feels like 1°C. The wind speeds are 22 mph WNW. There has been no sign of any smiley - snowballsmiley - llabwons

Post 4157

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

hi all
-
the snow struck last night, not to bad at the moment, i can see the tops of the roofs across.
-
its now 9-25am, on saturday the 2nd feb,in bradford uk,2008,smiley - dragon jim

Post 4158

miz

Hi again we got the snow about 3am this morning, it wasn't as bad as they said it was going to be. Nice crisp day here in South Yorkshire.

Post 4159

Sho - employed again!

blazing sunshine yesterday morning, cloudy and drizzly yesterday afternoon
snow overnight and overcast this morning, blazing sunshine at lunchtime: snow has all but gone now
Germany, near Düsseldorf

Post 4160

Reality Manipulator

Weather in South Ockendon, Essex 2 February 2008 19:05

Lots of fluffy white clouds and sunny spells in the morning until lunch time and the sunshine gradually lessened until about 2pm. The clouds became grey as the sun went in. It has been blustery and the wind speeds have been 7 mph SW with the occasional strong gusts of wind. The temperatures during the day have been 5° and now is 4°C (it feels more like 2°C) and still no sign of smiley - snowballsmiley - llabwons.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more