A Conversation for Ask h2g2

R.I.P George Harrison

Post 21

LokuZ

I only just heard. I'm still shocked (despite knowing that he was ill).

A legendary man and an incredible musician. Rest In Peace.

R.I.P George Harrison

Post 22

Mister Matty

It seems very sad, considering he pulled through after that knife attack a couple of years ago.

R.I.P., George

R.I.P George Harrison

Post 23

Mister Matty

Just for once, Autist, I'm going to wholeheartedly agree with you smiley - winkeye

I'd better put a "thanks" in for George for his part in bringing the great "Withnail and I" to the screen.

"Love each other" - George Harrison.

Post 24

the autist formerly known as flinch

Does anyone know what the details are of this minutes silence / meditiation in memory of George this weekend? Is there a website / homepage with details? December 8th/9th is the Aniversarry of John Lennon dying too. A nice egalitarian move to have the memorial then.

Post 25

cosmopolitan snowflake

There was supposed to be a minute of silence / meditation yesterday night at 22:30 cet. (21:30 British time?) when his ashed were scattered over this Indian river (I forgot the name). The radio station I always listen to participated my saying a few words about him and playing one of his songs (all the music stations on TV, as far as I can tell, just told us that the minute will take place but continued their normal programs). But if there are any other memorials planned for the weekend I would like to find out about that as well.

I never knew much about him, but I know that his death is a great loss for the world. Even though it was not unexpected I was qute shocked when I heard about it on friday morning

Snowflake smiley - cry

Post 26

the autist formerly known as flinch

Oh i hope i didn't miss it. But then i can always remember him in my own way at my own time. At that time i was at home listening to his "Extra Texture" LP. A good way to remember him certainly.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more