A Conversation for Ask h2g2

(The Return of) What book are you reading at this time?

Post 1561

liquidsword

Currently reading "1984" although so far there has not been one mention of Culture Club or Adam and the Ants although Big Brother has been mentioned even though it didnt go on tv til the late 90's!! George Orwell huh!!

Post 1562

Badvoc the not so terrible

Currently reading 'The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse' by Robert Rankin. The end of the world comes to toytown!!

Post 1563

Narapoia

Yay! Rankin's bl**dy brilliant.
Just thought I'd let you all know that I've finally started Night Watch...

Post 1564

dasilva

From the birthday list I posted earlier - Finished Clockwork Orange (even I can finish that one quickly!), got through the comic book part of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and currently halfway through Solaris.

Post 1565

Odo

I've nearly finished The Plains of Passage by Jean M Auel, which is part four of the Earth's Children series.

Then it's back to the bookshelves whilst I try and decide what I attack next.smiley - erm

Post 1566

dasilva

You're in a LIBRARY!!!!!!!! smiley - sillysmiley - weirdsmiley - nahnah

Post 1567

Odo

smiley - nahnah Yourself.

When I want to curl up in bed with a book about 'ringworm infestations in livestock' or 'The Shrub Expert' I know where to look.

smiley - sadface It's only a little library, most of the books are college course related and I've read all the readable fiction that's here. Readable as in books that I wanted to sit and read.

Post 1568

dasilva

I did read "The Homebuilders Guide To Helicopters And Rotorcraft" at Uni, just because it was there - I had nothing to do with Aeoronautical Engineering smiley - winkeye

Post 1569

Odo

smiley - biggrin Ahhh, but I really, really don't want to know about anesthesia in cat surgery. smiley - ill

Post 1570

dasilva

Hmmmn, that would bring back bad memories for me! smiley - grr

Post 1571

Jim Lynn

Just finished "The Sacred Art of Stealing" by Christopher Brookmyre. Now reading "The Lost Continent" by Bill Bryson.

Post 1572

Ballynac

I'm also currently reading Bill Bryson but I'm reading A Short History of Nearly Everything.
Just finished Shelters of Stone by Jean M Aeul.
Next on the list is either Living to Tell the Tale or News of a Kidnapping by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

Post 1573

Odo

What did you think of Shelters of Stone?

I've yet to read it, but talking the the chap in the bookshop he said that the book dragged a bit in places.

Post 1574

Ballynac

Shelters of Stone did drag a tiny bit in places but not so much to make it boring. If nothing else, if you've read the others you can't give up now. And also, the ending opens the way for Ayla and Jondalar to start a cave of their own, which I think was always going to be the outcome and for Ayla to get back into the spiritual thing and become the important spiritual leader of the zelandonii. I quite enjoyed it actually, but then I love the whole series. I read Clan of the Cave Bear when I was only a wee nipper and I've been hooked on them all since. In fact I've just ordered copies of the ones I'm missing so that I have the entire set.

Post 1575

GreyDesk

I'm still reading Rebel Code as I mentioned some here some 3 weeks and about 40 posts ago.

I really ought to spend a little less time here and more doing other things I feel smiley - erm

Post 1576

dasilva

Like reading, you mean? smiley - erm

Post 1577

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

Currently reading "Morality for Beautiful Girls" by Alexander McCall. Third book in "The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency" series, it is very funny (but has a very low bodycount).

Post 1578

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

I'm reading The Handmaid's Tale, scary

Post 1579

Odo

I finished Plains of Passage last night and am now looking forward to starting on Shelters of Stone. I couldn’t leave the pair of them there, I’d like to know more about Jorlander and hopefully more will be revealed about him now he’s home.

After that I think I ought to attack some of the top 21 list of the Big Read, there are several on there that I haven’t read.

Post 1580

Cat-Eyes: No..... why.... ?

This is werid, every time I come on here someone's just said they're reading The Handmaid's Tale, which I read cause my English teacher told me to. I wanna get my own copy of it though, cause it was really good.

Currently I'm reading 4 books because I'm so busy doing homework that whenever I do get a chance to read I just read which ever of the three books I feel like at the time.

LOTR the Two Towers

The Scince of Discworld (part I)

Seabiscuit

The Truce At Bakura (a Star Wars novel, the one set straight after Return of the Jedi ends)

Cat

Key: Complain about this post