A Conversation for Australian TV Shows

Kath and Kim

Post 1

Globe_6

"look at me...look at me...look at me...now kimmy I have one word for you..."

The best modern day australian tv show is Kath and Kim. The humour is uniquly Australian. I'm not sure if it's out in the UK yet but it is a must see.

Kath and Kim

Post 2

U168592

Has been shown on UK Sky Programming and late at night on Channel 4 from memory. The girls (Gina Riley and for the life of me I can't recall her name) have recently visited the UK on a promotional tour as Kath and Kim. smiley - smiley
PGHF

Kath and Kim

Post 3

andrewwmoz

Kim is Gina Reily and Kath is Jane Turner. The show mocks Australian suburbia and the people in it who are self-centred and have little interest in the world outside their own lives. It may be over the top, but its observations are spot on.

There have been two series shown, in 2002 and 2003, with series 3 coming later in 2004.

Kath and Kim

Post 4

gaznuk

Kath and Kim is great, also All Aussie Adventures gives me the giggles every time. It's a real mickey take of Crocodile Dundee, Steve Irwin and the like. Russell Coight, the hapless main character is played by the same guy that plays Kath's husband Kel. Check it out if you see it.

Kath and Kim

Post 5

U168592

That'd be Glyn Robbins who's a much underrated comedy actor. He often gets bit parts and it was nice to see him get his own show with All Aussie smiley - biggrin
PGHF
smiley - devil

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more