A Conversation for Australian TV Shows

Stars of Aussie TV - Past & Present

Post 1

U168592

Just a few names that made it good:

Nicole Kidman - used to be in family soap The Henderson Kids. Now she's a big shot hollywood actress who used to be married to that short bloke from Top Gun.

Kylie Minogue - Sharlene in Neighbours, pop princess (or singing budgie) and for some reason loved by much of England and Wales male population.

Russell Crowe - a short stint in Neighbours and while not really Aussie on a technicality, was adopted by the Australian Government when he became famous.

Guy Pearce - Neighbours also, has done a variety on good roles, his best being L.A Confidential, but was also excellent in Memento. Has now seemed to grab poorer roles with appearances in The Time Machine, and the Count of Monte Cristo.

Natalie Imbruglia - also in Neighbours, did a bit of singing and starred with Rowan Atkinson (BlackAdder/Mr. Bean) in Johnny English.

Jason Donovan - Only really famous for being Kylie Minogues beau in Neighbours, has had minor success in the music industry and on stage.

There are others, but the above are probably the most well-known, some even internationally. Anyone got more to add?
PGHF
smiley - devil


Key: Complain about this post

Stars of Aussie TV - Past & Present

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more