A Conversation for Australian TV Shows

Round the Twist

Post 1

Mu Beta

Brilliant, really off-the-wall kids show. Held together with some great acting and some truly bizarre things happening every week.

First series was the best, but the later ones still hold up OK.

B

Round the Twist

Post 2

U168592

Have you ever, have you ever felt like this?

Agreed smiley - biggrin Produced by the CBC in Australia and aired on ABC in 1989. All the first series episodes were based upon the books by Aussie children's writer Paul Jennings http://www.pauljennings.com These books were a must for anyone with great gross out tales, haunted lighthouses, magic underpants and talking animals.

The TV Show centered around the Twist family; Dad - Tony an artist of sorts, twins Linda and Pete and youngest child, Bronson. They moved from the city to the small coastal town of Port Niranda in order to live the peaceful life after Tony's wife passed away. The series then focussed on the weird happenings around the town involving the Twist family and the lighthouse they moved in to (You can visit the Lighthouse, it's at a place called Airey's Inlet in Victoria, Australia.) Other aussie actors to star included Mark Mitchell and Frankie J. Holden.

One of the best episodes IMHO was "Without My Pants" where Pete Twist is cursed and says the words 'without my pants' at inopportune moments. Hilarious! smiley - rofl

There's more about the series at http://www.roundthetwist.com and it's must-see viewing for anyone I reckon!! smiley - ok
PGHF
smiley - devil

Round the Twist

Post 3

tom

omg, i had completely forgotten about round the twist. that was one weird show.

Round the Twist

Post 4

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

I was a bit too old for it myself, but my sons turned mr on to it. Truly odd, in a very pleasing sort of way smiley - smiley

Round the Twist

Post 5

Star-Man

Have you ever, ever felt like this
Have strange things happen?
Are you going Round the Twist

Fantastic, just well written, weird, brilliantly acted childrens TV.

I used to watch it after doing my paper round on a saturday morning.smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more