A Conversation for Random pubs and bars.

Peer Review: A2797077 - Random pubs and bars.

Post 1

reg/petro

Entry: Random pubs and bars. - A2797077
Author: reg/petro - U225598

A random selection of pubs and bars which have been visited through time.

A2797077 - Random pubs and bars.

Post 2

Geggs

I've just scanned through this entry, and I get the distinct impression that the collection is fairly random. I think it would probably work better if it was a load of smaller entries instead of one long one.

Surely the Cavern Club deserves an entry on its own even if the others don't?

Geggs

Post 3

sprout

Yep. Although this is sort of in the spirit of the original idea for the guide, it couldn't now make it through Peer Review as it is.

It either needs to be: the bars and pubs of X town, city, street or area.

Or, a specific pub and bar. You could expand what you've written here to do this. Number 6 has recently done a pub, thinking of it...

sprout

Post 4

Woodpigeon

This would also be a good collaborative entry - maybe to get it advertised on the front page and get different researchers to contribute their favourite pubs.

smiley - peacedoveWoodpigeon

Post 5

Watermusic

They do seem to be very random!

Like one could add The Royal Oak - Hooksway, near Petersfield. Remember it well, and doesn't seem to have changed much. Still at the end of a lane that goes nowhere else.

Post 6

Number Six

Come and visit us at A1286886, reg - this might be not quite the stuff for the Edited Guide, but it's exactly the kind of thing the Geographical Society would like to encourage.

smiley - mod

Post 7

the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish

The current cavern isn't actaully where the beatles began, that's next door !!

may be being feautured in an episode of mancunion blues in the h2g2 post in near future.

point for clarity, having place names with the pub title may make things clearer, for instance there were at least 4 hogsheads in Manchester till recently, and it is a big chain so clarifying which hogshead it is may be more helpful.

Perhaps it will be better with smaller single entries

Post 8

Demon Drawer

Reminds me to do my pub crawl entry for back home

Post 9

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

This one does appear to be a bit dead in the water.... Author will have been gone 2 months come Monday.

smiley - mouse

Post 10

Dr Hell

I suggest moving this to the Entry. The author could work on it and resubmit it to PR, when he thinks it's ready.

HELL

PS: Do seconders have to wait 'til monday?

Post 11

the_jon_m - bluesman of the parish

Can I use my status as a member of the Time Travellers to travel to Monday, second it and come back to now ? If so I have done so allready

Post 12

GreyDesk

Well I've beaten you to it by seconding it now, and adding it to a 'move list' that I'm sending to the Towers smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Random pubs and bars.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more