A Conversation for Adopting a pet cat or kitten

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 41

Gnomon - time to move on

smiley - bubbly Well done! smiley - bubbly

Post 42

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Well done Ekaterin smiley - cheers

Post 43

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

smiley - bubbly Congratulations - an article worthy of the guide!

Post 44

Ekaterin

smiley - ta to everyone who contributed to this thread for all their help in making the article much better than it was to begin with!
Ekaterin. smiley - magic

Post 45

You are very welcome - you didn't need to credit me! Anything to do with companion animals and I will usually add my smiley - 2cents!!

smiley - cheers

Well done on filling the space in the guide!

Post 46

Azara

smiley - bubbly for Ekaterin!

Azara
smiley - rose

Post 47

Sea Change

Coolness!

Post 48

Sea Change

smiley - erm I see that you have included me as an author as well, and I am a bit embarrased! smiley - blush You needn't add me as my contribution is so small and is typical of anything I might type in Peer Review.

Post 49

2 of 3

I was about to say the same thing.
I don't deserve to be named as an author. Didn't actually make a contribution . . .

2/3

Post 50

Ivan the Terribly Average

The same goes for me, too. I just made a comment or two, I didn't do any of the w*rk, so I feel a bit odd having my name on the entry.

smiley - bubbly

Ivan.

Post 51

Ekaterin

You all contributed something that caused me to modify the article. 2of3 pointed out that I should explain why you ought to check that the owners have spayed the mother cat when getting a "free kitten", and Ivan added local by-laws on cat ownership. Mort, you supplied a lot of very helpful information concerning buying a pedigree cat, so you definitely deserve a credit.

I don't know whether I can take anyone off the researcher list now that the article's been recommended, but for future reference, how much help does someone have to give before they are deemed to deserve a researcher credit?
Ekaterin.

Post 52

Researcher PSG

Generally we use as a rule of thumb that the research has to have personally written something that gets included in the entry. Peer review is for pointers and extra info to be supplied and we generally don't expect to be credited. A nice thank you is usually enoughsmiley - smiley

Researcher PSG

Post 53

Ivan the Terribly Average

It's a pity there's no differentiation between the writer of the entry - that's you, Ekatarin smiley - applause - and the researchers who chipped in a thought here and there. I expect this would be technically possible...

Post 54

Number Six

The rule I always apply is that if anyone helps me to put things into the entry that otherwise wouldn't have been there, they get a credit. I see no prestige in creating 'solo' guide entries.

Oh, and congratulations! smiley - bubbly

smiley - mod

Post 55

Sea Change

As a practical and de facto aside to Ekatarin, ultimately it's the original author of the article who has the say-so and the judgement-call as to who has contributed significantly to the Edited-Entry-to-be. I've never seen a forcible overrule unless one of the added authors brings the matter up to the italics and declares herself offended. We do like you, and we want you to continue writing great articles like this, so I don't think anyone here will. We're just embarrased, is all, so when you get published, you can expect several Conversation threads to be attached to your Edited Entry by some of us giving the main credit where it's due, which is to Ekaterin.

That said, I myself have sneakily gotten myself removed (in a non-offended matter) from an Edited Entry written by a Researcher who Elvised by posting in Feedback Editorial (since the Researcher wasn't around to discuss it).

Post 56

Cyzaki

I know you can remove yourself from non-edited entries, just by going into the entry and clicking on 'remove my name' or something.

smiley - panda

Peer Review: A2334647 - Getting a cat

Post 57

kpknutz

In the article it states 'In the UK, breeders should be registered with The Governing Council of the Cat Fancy'. This is not strictly correct because the GCCF do not recognise all cat breeds. Breeders are free to register their cats, even if recognised by the GCCF, with TICA ( http://www.tica.org - The International Cat Association which is a worldwide organisation.) , Felis Britannica (http://www.felisbritannica.co.uk - Linked to FIFE a mainly european organisation) or GCCF.

Peer Review: A2334647 - Getting a cat

Post 58

Hi kpknutz

The final version of this entry that appears in the Edited Guide can be found at A2430127smiley - ok

You may want to copy your post to the Edited entry as it will be more likely to be seen there.

smiley - cheers

Mort

Key: Complain about this post