This is the Message Centre for lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Three on the way to University!!

Post 1

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Three of VC's stepchildren (The Triplets) are on their way to Uni, having passed all their A levels smiley - magic

The girl is going to Birmingham to train as a teacher in Maths and Physical Education. For the last six years she has played for Tranmere Rovers Youth Team smiley - football.

One of the boys is going to Newcastle where he will be studying Maths smiley - geek

The other boy is staying closer to home because of his medical history (he was born with kidney problems) and will study Maths in Liverpool, which is where he attends hospital for his check-ups so it all works in very nicely for him smiley - biggrin

Naturally the parents are very proud of their offspring... And the family wish them all well for their future. Well done! smiley - bubblysmiley - magic

lil xxx

Post 2

aka Bel - A87832164

smiley - bubblysmiley - applause

I'm glad I don't have to pay for it all smiley - winkeye

Post 3

Superfrenchie

smiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly Congratulations Congratulations Congratulations to all of them. smiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hug

smiley - biggrin

Post 4

They are entitled to full grants. They are such clever kids and deserve to succeed smiley - ok

This will be the first time they will have been parted. They have always attended the same schools before. Although their Mum did ask their secondary school to separate them, because they are ferociously competitive with each other and it wouldn't have been fair on the rest of the pupils in the class. When a junior maths course (Saturday club) was offered by John Moores University to the top two pupils in local schools, the headmaster had to request a third placement, as The Triplets couldn't be split in their achievements! smiley - magic

Post 5

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Congratulations to them all!smiley - applause

Post 6

Two of them used to have Hootoo accounts, until they fell foul of being under 16.. I shall get VC to show them this thread smiley - biggrin

Post 7

Hypatia

Congratulations to all of them. smiley - applause Having three leaving home at once will be quite emotional for the parents. I suspect they'll be proud and sad at the same time. Will this be the first time the triplets will be separated from one another?

Post 8

Yes, this will be the first time they will be separated entirely, though their wise mother has been encouraging them to take active outside interests for the last few years, just to prepare them for this day smiley - smiley

Post 9

Hypatia

That was a good idea. It should make this a bit easier for them. smiley - rainbow

Post 10

gandalfstwin OGGMSTKMBGSUIKWIATA

smiley - applause

Well done to all of them!!!

smiley - ok
GT

Post 11

IctoanAWEWawi

maths and PE? Oh well, at least 50% of a proper course there then smiley - winkeye

Congrats to all - but I guess this means the peace and quiet at work will soon be disrupted again with flippin' students everywhere smiley - winkeye

Post 12

smiley - rofl

You will be getting the noisest of the three!!! smiley - magic

Post 13

IctoanAWEWawi

oh joy!

Still, I guess I get to engage in my favourite game of 'misdirect the student' again smiley - evilgrin

Post 14

Wikkid!! smiley - evilgrin

Post 15

scorp

That's absolutely wonderful news lil!smiley - biggrin and so great that all three succeeded.

One point maybe worth mentioning - when number 1 Daughter went to Lancaster, (also taking maths) we were given a Parents talk and advised not to telephone our offspring for at least a week - in case it made them homesick. I came home after dropping her off and sat on her bed and cried my little heart out. However, it turned out to be good advice and she settled in really well.

Post 16

I'll pass that on, Scorp ! smiley - ok

smiley - hug

Post 17

Smudger879n

Goodun! for all 3 of them, well donesmiley - applausesmiley - magic

My youngest daughter went to unii and loved itsmiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Post 18

All three of them have very outgoing personalities, so they should fit in well at Uni smiley - biggrinsmiley - ok

Post 19

MadSnacker-h2g2 ambassador to Yorkshire and the UK

Very well done to the proud mother...smiley - hugsmiley - ok

The best of encouragement to all three!!!!
GO FOR BROKE!!!!

smiley - magicsmiley - magicsmiley - magic

Post 20

Gnomon - time to move on

smiley - applause

Here in Ireland, the school results came out yesterday, but the university offers aren't out until Monday. One of El's friends got 6 A1s, which is the equivalent of four A-level A's.

Key: Complain about this post