This is the Message Centre for Ivan the Terribly Average

I might vanish again.

Post 1

Ivan the Terribly Average

It's now Sunday. I have a house-guest here from Monday to Thursday, so I'll be offline over that time, but I think I might start my time-out earlier than that.

Astute readers will guess why I'm taking some time away from this site.

I'm not sure why I'm here. I have precious little free time these days, I certainly don't have time to write for the Guide, and I sure as hell don't have time for dealing with thugs and bullies in PR. I've been loitering on the fringes for a while now, and the behaviour of one individual has simply been the last straw.

In short, real life is much more important to me. Real life, where important things happen. After a day reading the coronial database, gaining a fresh perspective on things, I just don't have time for the rubbish on this site.

In the event that I don't come back I can be contacted at the address on my personal space. I check that address maybe once a week, so don't expect a swift response, but once you're in touch I'll be able to give you the address I check daily.

That being said, I might still come back. Stranger things have happened. But if I do, there's no way known I'll be subscribed to PR.

I might vanish again.

Post 2

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

You don't need to go into PR, Ivan.. smiley - hugsmiley - smooch

Please don't leave me! smiley - cry

I might vanish again.

Post 3

aka Bel - A87832164

Yes, Ivan, stay with us in Yikes - it's always fun in there. smiley - hug

I might vanish again.

Post 4

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

Sorry, I read that as "I might *varnish* again"!!

Aww, don't go, Ivan! We've lost The smiley - mouse, we don't want to lose a kangaroo/wallaby/ermm.. whatever else it was that got rolled up in smiley - lurk!!

Ignore the others if you wish, but don't ignore us! You have friends here!smiley - cheers

I might vanish again.

Post 5

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

WTS.

Go, be free, spread your legs, er, wings, but do pop back!

smiley - alesmiley - cuddlesmiley - handbagsmiley - bus

I might vanish again.

Post 6

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Damn, Ivan. I'd be sorry to see you leave. Surely you can hang out and stay away from PR- I do. I avoid other places, too. smiley - winkeye

That said, if we can't convince you to stay, expect emails.

I might vanish again.

Post 7

Arisztid Lugosi

I know I don't come on that often, but you're certainly one of the main reasons that I come when I come. I'd be very sorry to see you go, but I completely understand if you want to leave. At least we can all contact you via e-mail if we want tosmiley - smiley

Sending you happy thoughts my friendsmiley - smileysmiley - hug

I might vanish again.

Post 8

frenchbean

Shame on whatever/whoever drives you away smiley - cross

Stay smiley - zen, Ivan

smiley - hug
Fb

I might vanish again.

Post 9

ITIWBS

I may have been posting to your threads infrequently but have been following them regularly and have come to appreciate the reasons for the good reports I heard of you before I found you here. I will miss you if you go and will be looking in from time to time. smiley - esuom ITIWBS, esuom renegade.

I might vanish again.

Post 10

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

smiley - hug I hope you come back and are here when I get back smiley - crosssmiley - winkeyesmiley - hug

I might vanish again.

Post 11

tartaronne

I'm also one who enjoys your journals and your company, allthough I comment infrequently. I'll be sad to see you go. smiley - hug

What is this PR, you are speaking of smiley - huhsmiley - winkeye. I'm subscribed to it and very rarely comment on articles. I've never met unfriendly or harrassing people though.

Mostly I - here - enjoy cyber-friend's journals - and talking to wise, funny, clever and sympathetic researchers.

smiley - goodluck

I might vanish again.

Post 12

Websailor

Ivan,

Don't let one bit of unpleasantness drive you away. Give it a break by all means but we would miss you very much. Most of us joined h2g2 for conversation, friendship and in some cases a chance to let the writing bug loose, not for aggro and bitterness. If all the good guys go, what are we left with smiley - huh

Take care,

Websailor smiley - dragon

I might vanish again.

Post 13

Hati

smiley - run

*leaves a supporting smiley - hug*

smiley - run

I might vanish again.

Post 14

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

Being a "not-as-regular-lurker-as-I-used-to-be" I'm totally unaware of what's been on lately. Out of the changed taglines of some friends I assume there's some grumble ongoing.

Of course you do as you wish, Ivan. But I will miss your journals and comments. They're part if my smiley - lurk trails.

smiley - dragon

I might vanish again.

Post 15

Ivan the Terribly Average

OK, so I'm back. I was in fact physically ill for most of the time I was gone. This is no more than a meaningless coincidence.

There's a new thread in which I lay down rules for myself about what I will and will not do here in future.

I might vanish again.

Post 16

ITIWBS

I'm glad to see you back, sorry that you were ill. Must admit the emotional stresses were hitting me pretty hard as well. I'll spare you the details. Was following, by the by, your material on the Olympics and some related threads.smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post